Poll

Regarding the fence post photo...

• A debate about it will ensue on the forum.

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • No one here would argue with a fence post.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don't get it.

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
After following the results and comments on this poll for a while I decided to do my own poll. Please note the photo below before responding:

Attachments

• fence-post.jpg
    fence-post.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 8
If I were smart enough, and if I had any evidence, I could predict right now how certain posters will respond to your pole.

However, I will simply vote "yes."

Since OP failed to mention that this is an electric fence pole, I can only assume a devious attempt to deceive. With all the relevent topics and polls taking place concurrently, it's hard to believe we're being asked to offer free expertise here while our attention to the others lapses.

Because the post is in focus and the background isn't, maybe Moderator Emeritus REWahoo is telling us that we can't see the forest for the trees

I think the photo being cropped as it is negates the opportunity to have a true debate regarding said fence post.

If I were smart enough, (but you aren't) and if I had any evidence, (but you don't) I could predict right now (but you won't) how certain posters will respond to your pole.

However, I will simply vote "yes."

There's never any wasted bandwidth on this forum.........

I will wait until the fence post itself makes a post (is there echo here?), before I will vote.

And that's all I am sayin' about this thread.

That's not a pole, it is a post. And this (what I'm typing) is a post. It must be a trick.

I lived on a family farm. I dug post holes. With a post hole digger. What do you put in a post hole? A post. They are called fence posts, not fence poles, or fence polls.

And of course, we must reference wikipedia:

Agricultural fencing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

30 references to "post", zero to "pole" or "poll".

And of course, this thread is useless without (more) pictures:

YouTube - USPDF 2009 Championship Highlights

-ERD50

I couldn't really pick one of your choices as they don't exactly correspond to my situation. I would think that you would need several pole choices, including wood, steel and perhaps even a concrete pole. It is not clear to me how the electrical isolators are attached, or even if there is a need for electrification. Are we talking about restraint of cows, horses or llamas, here, anyway? :confused:

That's not a pole, it is a post. And this (what I'm typing) is a post. It must be a trick.

I lived on a family farm. I dug post holes. With a post hole digger. What do you put in a post hole? A post. They are called fence posts, not fence poles, or fence polls.

This is just another example of excessive government interference and over-regulation. We demand that the natural right to call wood sticks in holes poles, posts, or sticks be recognized.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if this thread rockets to the top of the "Hottest Threads" list? :LOL:

No one here would argue with a fence post.
I think it depends on how smart, articulate, and [-]oblivious[/-] persistent the fence post is trying to appear...

Was it Charlie Munger who said you shouldn't have to pee on an electric fence in order to be able to understand what would happen next?

The fence post is clearly leaning to the left, but the mainstream media has produced this cropped/altered photo showing an upright post. Typical!

Someone will be along shortly to wee on that electric wire. A guy can learn from that. (dang, Nords beat me to it!)

..the person that had took a bull by the tail once had learnt sixty or seventy times as much as a person that hadn't, and said a person that started in to carry a cat home by the tail was getting knowledge that was always going to be useful to him, and warn't ever going to grow dim or doubtful.
-Tom Sawyer Abroad, Mark Twain

I would just point out that "Regarding" is misspelled, so you're all wrong.

2Cor521

It is not a pole.

Clearly it is calendestine antenna farm, of the abbreviated Sterba curtain variety.

State security will soon be knocking on the door, wanting to know just what sort of information is sent out from this location.

Since OP failed to mention that this is an electric fence pole, I can only assume a devious attempt to deceive. With all the relevent topics and polls taking place concurrently, it's hard to believe we're being asked to offer free expertise here while our attention to the others lapses.

Doesn't look electric to me--no ceramic insulators.

Back
Top Bottom