Votes: 34 37.4%
  • 56-60

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Over 60

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

tgotch

Recycles dryer sheets
Just curious. If you have retired early, at what age did you do so?

Me, I still have 10-15 more years of work :(

Well, I'm not retired yet, but I am already 61. So unless you can propose a way for me to become younger, it seems safe for me to say that I will be 60 or older. ;)

Can't answer yet. 52 and still working part-time whenever some fun work comes along. Someone has to buy these cheap stocks, and that takes money. :D

49 - I was canned - er layed off - after a while it dawned on me that work basically wasn't fun - nor required in my case.

But I called myself unemployed until my early pension check arrived at 55 - and then I came out of the closet and admitted I was a no good slacker - I mean ER and proud of it.

Actually I was dinking around for ten years - 1993/2003 when I discovered this forum with my trusty webtv and became a 'born again ER.'

Whoopeee!

heh heh heh - :cool: now after 15 years, I'm moving on to official ole pharthood WITH Medicare card and all. :greetings10:.

Planned to retire this year (age 53), but a combination of some inheritance money and an early retirement package with some health care coverage convinced me to get out at age 50. Haven't regretted it one bit.

Retired twice , first was at 59 but it did not take so I took a part time job which led to my real retirement at 60 .

My company laid off all workers above 52. The company measure caught me with 55. Pity of those 3 years .....:D

I retired at 45, DW called it quits a couple years before me at 38.

52 the first time, took a 5-year sabbatical, found another job that (for now) works for me. As another retiree there put it "I'm there 'til I'm not."

On my 50th birthday which was when I became eligible to get to the pension $, I gave notice and took my 6 weeks vacation.

58 1/2.

Had planned to stay until 62. Woke up one day and found work boring, realizing that the contribution to retiree health care wouldn't get any bigger, and the pension could cover housing expenses. Firecalc and ORP told me it was gonna be ok.

Retired at 58, took 6 weeks vacation, and 'officially' retired at 59 years, 1 month.

Then the market dropped -- still OK, just not as OK as when I started. But there's hope yet!

-- Rita

Wow!:confused: Was it due to 20 years of service and entitled to a pension no matter one´s age?
No. It was due to working since I was 16 coupled with growing up poor, so I didn't waste my earnings. I guess being poor has its advantages....:)

I got a golden handshake at 49, then planned to be a consultant for 5 years. A subsequent divorce added 5 years and 2 CEO roles until I finally pulled the pin at 59.

Just after turning 56.....retirement was my Christmas gift to myself! HoHoHo :)

Training a young feller to do most of my job with the rentals - if it works out maybe i'll call myself retired - could even be just before my 60th! Or do you have to be working for someone other than your customers to be retired? Been more than 15 years since someone else gave me a paycheck...

Was aiming for full pension at 30 years service at age 58 & 6 months. Took an early out (running screaming into the night) at age 54 & 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom