Poll:Best way to trim ear hair

What is your preferred method of dealing with ear hair?

• Grab a handful and yank it out

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Use a nosehair trimmer

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • Sewing scissors and cut it

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Tweezers and yank it out

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Let it grow wild and free

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let it grow and braid it

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Dremel tool with blade

• Weed whacker

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Chain saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brush hog

• Total voters

Walt34

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
We've had threads on nose hair trimming, and trimming hair on um, other body parts, but I've never seen a thread on dealing with what will become a crisis of national importance as the boomer population ages. Also, in all my time on this forum I'm never done a poll so I figured it was about time.

Me, I use a tweezers when the occasional one comes into view, but I've got a BIL who has a couple of thriving jungles in there so he'd check the option to let it grow wild.

Last edited:
You left out one method: use a blowtorch to singe it.

My husband asks his barber to trim it. He tips a bit extra. But so far we get senior discount on hair cut so it’s not too bad. $10 total for hair cut and trim, including eye brows.

How about just having the gal at Sport Clips trim it once a month when you get a haircut?

Just use the same Wahl cordless trimmer as used on beard and mustache. Other than a little loud it works.

I have DW pull it out as part of our pre-mating grooming ritual.

:D:D:sick:

To put it simply, people of my sex and ethnic heritage do not have ear hair. I can't even imagine. :blink:

I also do not have hair growing on the palms of my hands, on the bottoms of my feet, on my tongue, on my eyeballs... well, you get the idea.

Such a thing never even occurred to me!:sick:

To put it simply, people of my sex and ethnic heritage do not have ear hair. I can't even imagine. :blink:

I also do not have hair growing on the palms of my hands, on the bottoms of my feet, on my tongue, on my eyeballs... well, you get the idea.

Then you can not appreciate how lucky you are ;)

It's the hair between my fingers that is the most vexing.....

IMG_4913.JPG

I’m not sure what you’re talking about? What hair problem?

This thread gave me an honest LOL. And it's not a common thing for me to do that on an ER forum thread. Thanks Walt. Do you have any Kleenex™ to dry my eyes?

Happy to see the Norelco recommendations since I work for Philips my stock would love if you all would go buy one!

You left out one method: use a blowtorch to singe it.

My husband's method is a lighter to the ear to singe; thought he was the only one in the world that did that!:eek:

My ear hair has not yet appeared.

It’s not noticeable on DH either.

I have a Wahl nose hair trimmer, "suggested" by my wife to get rid of the nose and ear hair. Trimming bushy eyebrows too. She's happy I do it and it takes a couple minutes, meh whatever makes her happy it's the little things that count.

I was getting pretty bushy in recent times....but I solved it! All I needed to do was get a case of alopecia....Now I get very little hair in my ears. Of course I only have a few eye brow hairs left and no side burns but it didn't hit everything, so I kind of still had a little hair a bit on top but I looked like some weird old time monk or something so I just take the shaver to the whole head now. The question I have....if it can take all that other hair, why won't it take out some of the forest of nose hair.

Braids! Deals with the fur and a beauty accessory to boot.

Back
Top Bottom