Poll: Chevrolet Corvette C7 or Porsche Cayman S?

You just won a raffle, and have a choice between:

• 2014 Chevrolet Corvette

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • 2014 Porsche Cayman S

Votes: 44 51.8%

• Total voters
+1. Though I'm actually a Ford guy. :cool:

AJS, Our corvette friends laugh at us cause all our show cars are vettes but daily drivers and tow vehicles are Ford trucks. We do love our trucks!!!

I'll take Portia, if she is both young and pretty.

There was once a song with young and pretty in it. Maybe by Cher?

I'm a Porsche (pronounced porSHA) guy. But it isn't widely known that some Porsche guys can be snobs.
Oh BTW, oil changes in Porsches cost close to $300.

There are car/truck/bike snobs in all the vehicle brands. We use to have this one guy come to car shows and tell other owners what was wrong with their vehicles. He would also bring 50 trophies with him and put on display around his car. Like it was the only way he could prove what a wonderful car he had.
Wow, $300 for a oil change.

There are car/truck/bike snobs in all the vehicle brands. We use to have this one guy come to car shows and tell other owners what was wrong with their vehicles. He would also bring 50 trophies with him and put on display around his car. Like it was the only way he could prove what a wonderful car he had.
Wow, $300 for a oil change.

I find this somewhat bemusing, similar to getting all hissified about sports teams and such. None of the auto makers or sports franchises give me a rebate or discount, and frankly, don't know I exist beyond any of their merchandise I purchase. If they want me to wear clothing emblazoned with their logo, they should pay me an advertising fee... :p

I've had 4 Corvettes over the past 15 years. A C4, two C5's and now a C6. I'll probably buy a C7 next year. All were bought new except for the C4. Maybe I've just been lucky but I've never had any of them in the shop for mechanical failures. A friend of mine has driven Porsche's for years and he seems to have one in the shop several times a year.

So I'll take the Corvette.

Thanks to all who voted. Not that I had any firm basis for expectations, but the results are closer than I expected. With different design briefs and heritages, of course they're different cars, they're both great cars IMHO.

I voted for the Corvette even though I have no business driving fast cars and probably couldn't control either one of them. But my big brothers both had Corvettes back in the day, so I thought it would be fun to see what it is like to drive one.

So, my decision really had no relationship to the potential driving experience of one versus the other. :blush:

I find this somewhat bemusing, similar to getting all hissified about sports teams and such. None of the auto makers or sports franchises give me a rebate or discount, and frankly, don't know I exist beyond any of their merchandise I purchase. If they want me to wear clothing emblazoned with their logo, they should pay me an advertising fee... :p

And that goes for the cheezy dealer emblems and logos too.

I'm a Porsche (pronounced porSHA) guy. But it isn't widely known that some Porsche guys can be snobs. Some feel that the only real Porsche is a 911.

I used to be that way. Probably still am, a little.

To me, the 911 will always be "the" iconic Porsche. Not necessarily the only "real" Porsche, as I think the Boxster and Cayman have earned their place in the lineup. They're great cars.

Now I will admit I'm not a big fan of the Cayenne nor the Panamera. Although I completely understand the lucrative reasons they built the Cayenne, I still believe the heart and soul of Porsche is in sports cars, not SUVs. Same goes for the new Macan.

As far as the Panamera, I was anxious to see what Porsche was going to do with a sedan, but was disappointed. I just don't care for the styling. Oh, who the hell am I kidding...I think it's an ugly car. They could have done so much more with the styling on that instead of a big bulbous blob.

But as long as Porsche keeps a 911 in the family, I'm happy.

If they want me to wear clothing emblazoned with their logo, they should pay me an advertising fee... :p

I agree but it does make it easy to shop for husband gifts, tee shirt with corvette!

I voted for the Corvette even though I have no business driving fast cars and probably couldn't control either one of them. But my big brothers both had Corvettes back in the day, so I thought it would be fun to see what it is like to drive one.

So, my decision really had no relationship to the potential driving experience of one versus the other. :blush:

You don't have to drive fast. I have a sweet 1971 Steel Cities Gray convertible with black top and interior. It's got a great ride. Don't have to go fast but it's got a 454 and I know I can if I want.

The Cayman is a better daily driver. Build quality excellent. Being mid engined grip and turn in outstanding. Frunk quite big. The S is plenty fast. Porsche FTW. My car. ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401999407.115473.jpg

The Cayman is a better daily driver. Build quality excellent. Being mid engined grip and turn in outstanding. Frunk quite big. The S is plenty fast. Porsche FTW. My car. View attachment 19131

Looks great! Better all around than my 2001 Carrera 4 I believe, other than I can cram DW and one DS in my back seats if I really have to.

The C7 will out perform the cayman, so if performance is what is important to you than the C7 is the easy pick.

If brand and luxury are important than the porsche is the easy pick.

I picked C7 because I take my sports cars to race events.

Back
Top Bottom