Do You Carry a Pen?

• Yes

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters

ER Eddie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Do you carry a pen? If so, what type of pen do you prefer?

I must know. I am using this information to build a database and cross-analyze membership wallet, gun, and hanky carrying patterns to predict stock rallies.

I carry a pen at all times. Where do I carry it, you ask? Why, in my shirt pocket, of course! I'm not a fancy boy who carries his pen in a briefcase or planner. Please.

I usually have at least 1 pen on me at all times, even when showering, but sometimes I'll have up to 3 in my pocket, if I'm not paying attention. And no, I don't use a pocket protector. I go commando.

Here's the pen I typically carry:

Uniball Signo Micro 207

uniball-signo-207-micro-61255.jpg

Oooh, sexy. It has a nice fine line, and it's not too expensive.

So what's in your shirt pocket (or purse, etc.)?

Last edited:
I don't personally carry a pen, but DW does in her bag.......so, if I want a pen, all that I have to do is click my fingers and then extend my hand, palm up.

(You, of course, understand that this is all theoretical and that I've never actually attempted it.)

Just out of habit I still carry one in my shirt pocket and occasionally it does come in useful. It's also a defensive weapon if you need to stab somebody in the eyeball. Probably nobody but retired law enforcement would think of that use.

Carry in purse, 1 mechanical pencil and 1 free ball point pen from my bank.

Only if I have know note taking is needed. Otherwise, I wing it.

Sometimes I carry a pen, but not often. If I know there is a good chance I will need one, I have it with me. I do keep one in the car, although I'm not sure if it still works!

Back in my working days, I carried one with me whenever I was at the office, even when I left my desk.

Yes, always--fine-tip ball point. Sometimes more than one pen (add a Sharpie sometimes for marking boxes/wood rough cuts, etc).

I usually carry a ballpoint pen in my purse, and something to write on, just in case. I could write notes or dictate on my phone, but old fashioned writing is easier in a hurry. I haven't bought one in many years. I used to pick them up at conferences while still at w*rk, and now I take one whenever I'm at an event where there are free pens.

Do you carry a pen? If so, what type of pen do you prefer?

I must know. I am using this information to build a database and cross-analyze membership wallet, gun, and hanky carrying patterns to predict stock rallies.

I carry a pen at all times. Where do I carry it, you ask? Why, in my shirt pocket, of course! I'm not a fancy boy who carries his pen in a briefcase or planner. Please.

I usually have at least 1 pen on me at all times, even when showering, but sometimes I'll have up to 3 in my pocket, if I'm not paying attention. And no, I don't use a pocket protector. I go commando.

Here's the pen I typically carry:

Uniball Signo Micro 207

uniball-signo-207-micro-61255.jpg

Oooh, sexy. It has a nice fine line, and it's not too expensive.

So what's in your shirt pocket (or purse, etc.)?

Gee, I thought it was sort of a gag post , sort of laughing at the other mentioned wallet, gun, etc threads.:LOL: Oh and I forgot the retirement shoe thread too hahah

No. Gave them up with watches.

No pen on my person but in the car I have a few, I have a smart phone if I need to write something down I just use the notes App.

Almost every day - who wants to sign the CC slip or bar bill with the "community pen"?:yuk:

Settled on these a few years ago - reliable, inexpensive refills. Have them at my desk, in the cars and on the dresser as part of my daily kit.

Also have the compact version and a classic Fisher Space Pen to carry when I'm wearing shirt without a pocket and expect to need one. Started my career in sales, old habits die hard.

Attachments

• zebra pen.png
    zebra pen.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
stopped the day I retired 17 years ago.

I'll never stop carrying a pen. They'll have to pry my pen from my cold, dead hands.

I don't personally carry a pen, but DW does in her bag.......so, if I want a pen, all that I have to do is click my fingers and then extend my hand, palm up.

(You, of course, understand that this is all theoretical and that I've never actually attempted it.)

Do it.

It's also a defensive weapon if you need to stab somebody in the eyeball.

Good tip.

I take one whenever I'm at an event where there are free pens.

Cheapo.

Gee, I thought it was sort of a gag post , sort of laughing at the other mentioned wallet, gun, etc threads.:LOL: Oh and I forgot the retirement shoe thread too hahah

Sort of 50/50. It made me chuckle, and I also like pens. I was curious if other people had pens they liked.

If you asked me what my favorite store to just wander and browse is, I'd say Office Depot. Is that weird? I've always had a preternatural attraction to paper, pads, pens, and files. I think it's because I enjoy writing and organizing.

Settled on these a few years ago - reliable, inexpensive refills. Have them at my desk, in the cars and on the dresser at part of my daily kit.

Cool, I'll check that one out.

Almost every day - who wants to sign the CC slip or bar bill with the "community pen"?:yuk:

Settled on these a few years ago - reliable, inexpensive refills. Have them at my desk, in the cars and on the dresser at part of my daily kit.

Also have the compact version and a classic Fisher Space Pen to carry when I'm wearing shirt without a pocket and expect to need one. Started my career in sales, old habits die hard.

OMG, the community pen.:facepalm: When I exit the mens room I always use paper to touch the door to open it. Now every time I see some one signing a slip I will think of this post. hahaha:yuk:

I carry several pens, all uni-ball Vision Elite from Costco, in my purse. Also a wallet, lots of kleenex, Benadryl, sunglasses, lip gloss, hand cream, nail file, keys, and a checkbook. Typical for a fair skinned person living in the desert - allergies, sun sensitive, and dry skin. But no gun. The gun is hidden in my house.

Uni-ball Signo Micro 207
I almost never carry a pen. But my favorite is same as the OP, I have 3-4 in strategic locations around the house. I still have my work Mont Blanc pens - they're in exile with my Allen Edmonds shoes and other Megacorp mandatory trappings...

Not on me. I have pens throughout the house, one in my car, and multiple at work. If someone somewhere else needs me to use a pen, I assume they will supply one.

OMG, the community pen.:facepalm: When I exit the mens room I always use paper to touch the door to open it. Now every time I see some one signing a slip I will think of this post. hahaha:yuk:

And in a bar you are sitting on community chairs at a community table and drinking out of community glassware that we KNOW is sterilized. hahaha:LOL:

I carry a cheap ballpoint pen in my purse that says "We Buy Houses" on it, with a phone number. I have no idea where it came from! I would never sell a house to someone like that. Oh well. Anyway, it works nicely.

No I do not. In fact, I'd bet there was a 3-4 YEAR period 2010 to roughly 2013, where I’m not sure if I ever actually even USED a pen or pencil to manually write out anything. All keyboard and electronic communications. Finally had to write checks/sign contracts in buying my current home. (Had to practice before the closing)

I'll carry one around if I know I'm going to sign something that day. Lease, DMV, bank, lawyer, restaurant, receipts at stores, whatever. I have a nice little compact one where the cap snaps onto the pen to double the length when using it.

Back
Top Bottom