Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Do you have any of the following?
A convertible vehicle or a motorcycle. 32 32.32%
A land vehicle with a sunroof. 42 42.42%
Nope, just plain old hardtops. 21 21.21%
I didn't vote cause my answer isn't an option (there's always someone)... 4 4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
I could tell from the pic it was either a '76 or '77, the 74-75 bodies are a little different, but between the '76 & '77, the only difference I could see was the tailights. Yep, she was a smooth cruiser. Wasn't my first car, but was my first NEW car. My first was a '67 Ford Custom 500, handed over to me from the parents when they bought another one. Before the Monte Carlo, I also went through a '68 Fairlane & a '71 Camaro. Went in the Air Force, and about 5 months later, that big money was burning a hole in my pocket. I spotted the Monte Carlo in the showroom, and was in love. I believe the price was all of $5700. Black paint, black interior, no vinly top, I like 'em smooth! It came stock with only an AM radio! lol She was sweet, though...

Oh yeah, no sunroof either...
The 76 and 77s also had a slightly different front grille. Most obvious difference was placement of the Knight symbol, but spacing was also slightly different.

That is quite a string of cars for such a short period!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #42

My old Jeep. I should have never traded it in.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #43
Confused about dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim
I usually have the sunroof open in my Monte Carlo.
Seems to resemble our old 74 2-door hard top. Swivel buckets. Could not go topless, bit arms were exposed as high as possible during warm spring days! Gotta get an early start on them tans, u know.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #44
Confused about dryer sheets

[QUOTE="Tom52"]I've got a drop top
What year is that? Nice looker! What do you do with it in Winter months in Winterpeg?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu tired View Post
Seems to resemble our old 74 2-door hard top. Swivel buckets. Could not go topless, bit arms were exposed as high as possible during warm spring days! Gotta get an early start on them tans, u know.
A 74 would be very similar. Biggest difference would be the front grille. Yours had round headlights. Mine has stacked squares. Mine also has swivel buckets.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #46
Full time employment: Posting here.

[QUOTE=Dejavu tired;1173195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52
I've got a drop top
What year is that? Nice looker! What do you do with it in Winter months in Winterpeg?

How did you know that picture was taken in Winnipeg?? Were you at that car show? I live in Chicago burbs but I drove it up to Winnepeg for a car show back in 2001 when that picture was taken.

By the way it is a 65 Impala SS and it still resides in it's own two car garage year round. The best way to identify the year is by the tail lights.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #47

Right click on the picture and go to properties.