• Mailed ballot in

Votes: 61 28.9%
  • Will Vote on Election Day

Votes: 85 40.3%
  • Don't plan on voting

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad you are taking the kids, Fuego. I worked elections (as a paid worker for the State Election Commission) for years when I was younger and I loved it when people brought in their children so they could see what voting was all about and sense the excitement of election day.

The kids always have fun. And I now see they are out of school on election day, so I can sleep in, then go vote. :)

The kids always have fun. And I now see they are out of school on election day, so I can sleep in, then go vote. :)

I recall when I was a kid, I was able to stay up late to watch the Monday Night Football game the night before Election Day because the schools were closed.

Back when I was a kid in the 1970s, my parents often took me and my brother to the voting location (our local high school) so I could watch them vote. Given that I moved around a lot i the 1980s, I still felt a bit of a thrill the first time I voted there even though I had voted elswhere in the previous years.

Interesting. We no longer have a land line, but have had the same cell number for 8 years and I have not had a single political campaign call. I just assumed cell phones were exempt from charities and political groups being to call.
You just jinxed it!

Last edited:
I recall when I was a kid, I was able to stay up late to watch the Monday Night Football game the night before Election Day because the schools were closed.

I guess they use some schools as polling places, because they didn't have this day off last year nor do they have it off next year.

Last edited:
There is a rather amusing video clip being shown today with a little girl crying and saying she's tired of hearing about "Bronco Bama and Mitt Romney". I'm like, "I'm with you, sweetie".

I mailed in my ballot on Friday. I have been using the mail ballot for a couple of years and really works out well.

When I was a child my parents always took me with them to vote and explained the importance of voting to me.

Voted Saturday and waited 3 hours to do so. Something about Florida and voting doesn't usually go smoothly. I saw on TV tonight that in Miami - Dade, there was an on again / off again / on again Sunday voting event. I am sure that the lawyers for both sides are getting ready to replay 2000 hold-em-up-in-court if it comes to a Florida tie-breaker.

Leaving for the polling place in 5 minutes.

I'm going at 10:00 a.m. Crowds usually not too bad around that time. Too early for my med's, so I should be able to pull the lever. :blush:

Voted this morning at 6:02am.... Doors opened at 6:00am. In and out in 5 minutes.

Does that mean all the commercials stop now?

We'll vote today. Small town so usually no line and takes 5-10 minutes taking your time.

Parents are getting robo called every hour since they live in a swing state. Scary. But it will be over tomorrow.

Voted this morning

Just got back from voting - some observations:

Took about 20 minutes total, including the drive to/from our precinct.
More electioneering going on just outside the legal boundary than I remember from past election
Personal identification was used for the 1st time - or sign an affidavit - they scanned drivers licenses - actually seemed to speed things up over what they did manually before
Long ballot in our state due to a number of proposals - but I had studied the ballot before hand so was not a problem
Everything seemed to go smoothly - I expected that there might be some waiting.

Just got back from voting. Took about 5 minutes to walk there, 10 minutes to vote, and 5 minutes to walk back home. I alwyas seem to get behind the person who causes delays, either at the table I sign in and get the ballot or at the line waiting to get my ballot scanned by the machine.

I voted at 9:00am and it took about 20 minutes. 3 precincts all crowded into a middle school library. It looked jam packed but I quickly got to my precinct table and it went smoothly after that. Talking to a poll observer outside she said that my precinct was moving the quickest.

DH and one of the sons just left to walk up to the middle school to vote. They figured it would be easier to walk up there rather than try to find a parking spot in the middle of the day.

I voted at around 9:30 AM. My voting location is a neighbor's garage, and that garage is located right next to a huge parking lot for a now-defunct adult daycare facility. So, parking is never an issue.

There were about 25 people standing around, but it turned out that none of them were in line. I guess they were observers or waiting to find out where they were supposed to be, or something.

Anyway, I was first in line. All the voting machines were busy, but I got the first one that opened up. Quick and easy.

And just think - - NO MORE POLITICAL ROBO-CALLS! :D They have already stopped at my house.

I voted this morning when the polls opened at 7am, with my kids in tow, on the way to pick up some more kids since it's my carpool day.

Got there at 6:55 - was #9 in line, was out at 7:15... and there were another 20 in line at that point. The early morning, pre-work rush.

Lots of parents with kids with them.

The family we share carpool with lives a block from the garage we vote in - so it was very convenient. Dropped the kids at school and was at work by 7:45.

Having the sample ballot with me as a guide saved mucho time... since CA is the land of a a gazillion propositions.

Having the sample ballot with me as a guide saved mucho time... since CA is the land of a a gazillion propositions.

I always take a cheat sheet with me too, just in case. This time we only had one proposition, but also we had nine state constitutional amendments, a congressman, and of course President/VP to vote for.

DW and I voted this morning around 10:30 and there were only two in line ahead of us. We were in and out in less than 15 minutes.

When I sat down at the machine to cast my ballot I noticed the previous voter had marked her choices but failed to hit the final "vote" button. I went back and changed her ballot to my liking, hit the vote button, input my own access code, and voted again. :)

Note: Everything after "When I sat down..." in the above paragraph is entirely fictional.

Voted around 10:30. Advantages of a small town, no line at all, and no voter intimidation outside :) Although I learned a lesson this time. Better not go without the eye glasses, as next election my arm won't be long enough to see the ballot choices.

Although I learned a lesson this time. Better not go without the eye glasses, as next election my arm won't be long enough to see the ballot choices.
Your situation appears to be not that unusual. I noticed two pairs of "loaner" reading glasses on the table by the voting booths.

Voted earlier today. I enjoy voting in person on election day, something about voting on the same day as most others.

We voted a week or two ago by absentee ballots. Reading this thread and all the excitement people have makes me want to go vote again!

Back
Top Bottom