Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Women…I’ve never been married but may marry someday

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Women…I’ve been married but may marry again someday

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Women…I’m married now, but if I became single I may marry again

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
If I ever found myself single again, I don't think I'd intend to remarry, but I've learned to never say never about stuff like that. I suspect the women would say they're less likely to remarry, but I could be wrong.

After 48 years, I have been Married (to the same person) for two and a half times longer than I was Single. I really don't know what I would do if something disturbed that condition.

(Didn't vote -- there was no "Oh, please don't make me answer this" choice.)

I've identified several outstanding candidates for wife #2, but I haven't yet run the list by wife #1...

Great answers everyone...:);):LOL:

I think for now I'll stand behind bbb (bewitched, bothered, bewildered). However as time goes by....if/when I find myself single, more than likely that's the way I will stay.

I think for now I'll stand behind bbb (bewitched, bothered, bewildered). However as time goes by....if/when I find myself single, more than likely that's the way I will stay.
So does your spouse read this board too?

Been married to the same guy since 1974. At this stage in life, I don't think I could train anyone else to put up with me:blink:. Plus, I don't think I could love anyone like I love him.

I've told DH if I go before him, I hope he does remarry. He's a wonderful husband and would be happier with someone to share his life with.

I'm not sure I would want to marry someone so desperate they'd agree to marry me...

I just plan to practice alot...then make up my mind if I want to really marry someone.:LOL:

Seems like the men are more interested in marrying again in their later years than we women. I see that in the poll and with the guys I know myself that are older divorced or widowed. And to think that we gals in our 20's are chasing the fellas down to get married...guess it's our turn to be chased in Geezerville age!

Quoth the raven "Nevermore". I was married for 26 years. Whatever time I have left in this life will be devoted to my own whims and fancies exclusively.

Never say never but it doesn't seem very likely I'll ever marry again. If I did become bbb again, I think I'd probably just live in sin.

Good poll bbbamI. I am in the been there, done that and don't plan a repeat group. I liked being married, but for me I think that both I and the woman have to be young so the sheer passion overcomes annoyances and giveups. As far as me getting bewitched. I think that is less likely than the DOW going to 3000.

I enjoy romance and the trappings of romantic love, but the intense commitment is not good for an old dog like me.

I heard an interesting interview on NPR with John Waters, maker of Hairspray and other off the wall movies. He is gay, about 65, and when he was asked if he might settle down he said "no way". He says what he wants in a relationship is hot greasy love, and he will look for security and commitment in a larger group of friends and relatives. I like this idea, but it may be harder for one who is not a well known artist to set up and maintain. He also was asked if his hunger for the hot has diminished with age and he said no. With some pushing he admitted that he may not be able to go as long as before, but he still digs it just as strongly as ever.

Ha

However as time goes by....if/when I find myself single, more than likely that's the way I will stay.
Eh heh...I should have left out 'when'. :angel:

So does your spouse read this board too?
No.

If a forum/discussion has nothing to do with music or motorcycles, his eyes glaze over/hears only popping and clicking noises.

I enjoy romance and the trappings of romantic love, but the intense commitment is not good for an old dog like me.

I see lots of old dogs at the animal shelter I volunteer at. I've also read your posts and seen your pics. You ain't no "old dog".:)

Sounds like a twist on an old Groucho Marx quote....

Yeah - that's where it came from. He was a real inspiration.

Another quote on marriage - A second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.

Back
Top Bottom