• Seahawks by over 14 pts

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • other

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, that is a sorry rant. I'm not a Seahawk's fan, but I think your conclusions from limited observations are off-base. It's certainly a plausible view to say that Carroll (and perhaps more directly, his Offensive Coordinator) showed a lot of hubris in running that misguided play that ended the game. But it was also the same hubris that resulted in the Hawk's going for a touchdown with 6 seconds left in the first half, instead of playing the conservative, and perhaps, the best option, i.e. kicking a field goal. I wouldn't ascribe it to personal cockiness.

And who knows what Carroll was laughing about on the sidelines; it might have been about something else and the camera just caught him at that time.

As for Sherman's display, many observers thought -- given Sherman's off-the-field ranting that he is the best cornerback in the NFL, instead of Patriot's cornerback, Darelle Revis -- that this was mocking Darelle Revis (No. 24) getting beat on a touchdown play. In any event, it was not one of Sherman's better moments, but people do get caught up in the hype of the game, like players scoring touchdowns on both sides and displaying "unsportsmanlike" celebrations.

Scuffling at the end of the game -- you point that out! Cut football players some slack. This was a hard fought game; emotions run high and not everyone can meet your expectations of grace. Did you also happen to see at the end of the game how the players, notably Michael Bennett (Hawks No. 72), involved in the scuffle, reached out to other players and coaches. Didn't seem to me that the scuffle was anything more than folks losing their composure (on both sides) at the end.

The Seahawks ran their mouths off for the two weeks leading to the SB so I was happy to see the look on their obnoxious faces after the interception

Last edited:
Seattle Seahawks are a bunch of thugs that did not deserve to win that game. And whomever sent in that last play should be fired immediately. Congrats Patriots.
Just proves you know nothing about this team. We here in the Pacific Northwest see countless TV bits and media articles about them, hear full press conferences (and not sound-bites), and see what they do and how they act in our communities, and they are not thugs! Not by a long shot.

Attachments

• Thug Sherman2.JPG
    Thug Sherman2.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Thug Sherman.JPG
    Thug Sherman.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 11
Just proves you know nothing about this team. We here in the Pacific Northwest see countless TV bits and media articles about them, hear full press conferences (and not sound-bites), and see what they do and how they act in our communities, and they are not thugs! Not by a long shot.
And yet Pats haters from the south and west make nasty claims about the Pats players-coaches-organization without "seeing countless TV bits and media articles about them, hearing full press conferences (and not sound-bites), and seeing what they do and how they act in our communities!"

It's fine for any of us to pull for your team, but try to be a little objective. To their credit, the Seahawks were all good sports in post game press conferences that I saw - so I agree with defending their reputations.

Interesting how the media chooses to characterize players to the national audience, mostly negative?

The Seahawks have regrets, so do the Packers, the Cowboys and the Lions - all those losses could easily have been different too.

Last edited:
The Pats were the better team, so they won. Congratulations!

The Seahawks have won two NFC titles and one Super Bowl in the last two years. Certainly a better accomplishment than most teams in the same time period. Good for them!

wanted the Seahawks to repeat but that call was the worst ever

Attachments

• 1Iipo9v.jpg
    1Iipo9v.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 9
As a Seahawks' fan, I originally jumped on the worst call ever bandwagon, but having seen some of the more logical, post game commentary, I feel better about the call.

Although I'm a huge Lynch fan, I didn't realize that Lynch only scored once this season on 5 attempts from the one yard line.

With time running out and only 1 timeout left, the Seahawks realistically would have only gotten off 2 more running plays.

Calling the pass play would have gotten them 3 attempts as the odds where it would either have been a TD or an incomplete pass stopping the clock.

So from a statistical and clock management perspective, I get it...but oh how I wish that next play went to 24 instead.

My [-]wild guess[/-] gut feeling says Patriots by 3.

Final score Pats 27, Seahawks 24.

Good thing I don't bet, as I'd start to believe my predictions :LOL:

Well, I was off by a point.

But no way could I have predicted the Seahawks would try a pass instead of running with 1 yard to go, The Beast, and a timeout :facepalm:

Looks like the poll was spot on. Most chose a close game, with the slightest possible nod to the Patriots.

Having slept on it, it was one of the best Super Bowls I've seen. Both teams played their asses off on all phases for 60 minutes, relatively few penalties. The Pats offense was on though rushing yards were not what they planned. And the awesome Seahawks defense was on too. Brady had very little time (Wilson had way too much time) and IIRC they only threw at Sherman once (say what you will about him, but he is one of the best). Chris Matthews was almost the Pats undoing, until they finally put Browner on him.

I was surprised neither team tried any razzle dazzle plays, they've both been known to do so - so I expected at least one or two.

And though I'm a (happy) Pats fan, it was admittedly an unfortunate outcome for the Seahawks. Sometimes games do end with surprises.

Last edited:
Brady looked the the Brady of old. Not airing (no pun intended) the ball out but just taking what the defense gave and picking it apart. Yet, I also knew that the Seahawks would make one final run.

The end reminded me of Rams vs Titans Super Bowl. A yard between winner or runner up.

The Seahawks ran their mouths off for the two weeks leading to the SB so I was happy to see the look on their obnoxious faces after the interception

Seattle Seahawks are a bunch of thugs that did not deserve to win that game. And whomever sent in that last play should be fired immediately. Congrats Patriots.

Good grief! It's just a game.

No reason to hate anybody over a bunch of rich guys chasing a ball around a field.

Save the animosity for really bad people - like con artists who steal the life savings from senior citizens, radicals who kill in the name of god, and you town's own sociopaths.

The Pats were the better team, so they won. Congratulations!

The Seahawks have won two NFC titles and one Super Bowl in the last two years. Certainly a better accomplishment than most teams in the same time period. Good for them!

They won, so the Pats were the better team on that day. Not trying to diminish the Pats victory since it's the last game that counts for the entire season, any way. Congratulations to the Pats for an outstanding game and a remarkable Super Bowl victory.

It was probably one of the best Super Bowls ever... two very good skilled teams battling it out. I thought the Pats looked dominant in the first quarter and then the Seahawks made some great plays in the second quarter to tie the game at halftime and then the Seahawks continued to dominate in the third quarter and the Patriots offense and defense both had to dig deep in the fourth quarter and a couple lucky plays at the end for each team sealed the game for the Patriots.

It is unfortunate that it got chippy near the end but I suspect that was more a heat of the moment thing and the post-game Seahawks coaches and player interviews that I saw were very classy. I'm not a Pete Carrol fan since he was so awful when he coached New England, but I was pleasantly surprised that he took responsibility for the play call and explained it well and didn't throw his OC or Wilson under the bus.

I admit that the pass call probably wasn't as hugely bad a call as I first thought given second and short and only one time out given it was clearly four down territory. I thought the Pats were toast and that they might just let them score because the clock was running down so much that if they had scored Brady would have had very little time to get into position for a game winning field goal.

Anyway, great Super Bowl and great season of NFL football, controversies and all.

My Seahawks by 14 was a tad off. Sorta like my stock picking.

Great game and my ER shall continue to ride on passive index funds.

heh heh heh - however I shall still pick(not bet) teams and have a few good stocks(well under 5% of total). Keeps the male hormones under some control. :dance: :D So having moved to KC shall I become a Chiefs fan for 2016. I actually watched baseball when the Royals made the World Series.

Back
Top Bottom