Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: That Airbag Recall, What Are You Doing?
Airbag recall work is completed! 8 14.55%
Waiting on part(s) - in meantime, driving less 2 3.64%
Waiting on part(s) - in meantime, driving about the same 19 34.55%
Waiting on part(s) - in meantime, driving more 0 0%
waiting on part(s) - in meantimeHave other vehicle (other family car, rental or loaner) 0 0%
I don't drive 0 0%
My car not impacted 17 30.91%
What? There is an airbag recall? 7 12.73%
other 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Airbags likely to require recall are still being sold
Old 08-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets
Airbags likely to require recall are still being sold

I was able to have the driver's side replaced on my Mazda6 before I sold it but parts are still unavailable for the passenger side.

Apparently, Takata airbags that use ammonium nitrate as the explosive and will need to be recalled at some point are still being installed on new cars currently for sale -

In the U.S., a senate report revealed that four automakers, Toyota, FCA, Mitsubishi, and Volkswagen, continue to sell new vehicles with defective airbags that will eventually need to be recalled.

misanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.
The Takata airbag saga continues -

A woman was killed in her home by an explosion Monday morning involving a truckload of airbag detonation triggers which was on its way to a Takata automotive parts plant, according to multiple reports.
Truckload Of Airbag Parts Explodes En Route To Takata Plant, Killing Woman Inside Her Home (Updated)

How's it going to end..............
bjorn2bwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets
Toyota keeps robocalling for me to bring in my 2010 corolla, I will when I get a round to it
Just_Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:53 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Got recall letter RE: Toyota Corolla front seat passenger side airbag. Fortunately it does not seem to affect the driver side airbag. I usually drive that car with no passenger, so it seems ok to wait it out.
Part-Owner of Texas

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:29 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Getting replacement for our Acura suv on Monday. Went on a waiting list for the parts back in June.
Doing things today that others won't, to do things tomorrow that others can't. Of course I'm referring to workouts, not robbing banks.
DFW_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by Lakedog View Post
Driver side completed under recall last year.

Passenger side recall letter came a couple of weeks ago. Dealer ordered parts when I called last week and said the parts should be there in two weeks. The recall letter said Honda would send another letter when parts are available but the dealer claimed they can get the parts now if ordered for a specific vehicle under recall - so guess I will know soon. But this has not changed my driving habits.
The parts for the passenger side came in 8 days after the dealer ordered so have an appointment for the fix in the morning. If I had waited on Honda to send a second letter (about parts availability), I would still be waiting - so I'm glad I decided to call the dealer.

Lakedog is offline   Reply With Quote