Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: What's your favorite season?
Spring 25 20.49%
Summer 22 18.03%
Fall 70 57.38%
Winter 5 4.10%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Currently living in Michigan, so Spring. If / when I move, it may change.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

In spite of my allergies, I'll take perpetual Spring -
It's "(nothing but) flowers"

Old 10-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #23

Summer. I don't like having to put on jackets and such just to go outside.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

My favorite season is June.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Fall. Love the cooler weather after the long, hot summer. Our rainy season is late summer/early fall so fall is greenish. The smell of roasting chile. State Fair, Balloon Fiesta, Pueblo Feast Days. Spring is windy and I have have allergies to the tree pollen.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Hockey Season.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #27
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hunting season. Starts locally Sept 1 and ends the last day of Feb.

- English Bob
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #28

Fall for me. In North Texas, July and August are unbearably hot. I'd never survive without the pool. January and February are pretty miserable too and we get ice storms that shut down the whole region. Other than those 4 months, it's fairly moderate and enjoyable to be outdoors. But by far, October is my favorite month of the year. Cool mornings, warm afternoons. No HVAC running, open windows to air out the house. I ride my bike every day unless it rains. All the landscapes are mature and colorful, but don't need as much maintenance.

AA: 45% stock, 35% bonds, 15% real estate, 5% cash
Cobra9777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

I've been in Dallas the last three or four days and it has been gorgeous!

Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:33 PM   #30
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Fall here is really nice. Spring has the winds and that makes it not as nice. Summer is actually not bad for heat, but we also get majority of precipitation with the monsoon season. We certainly need the water however. Fall has the cooler nights and sunny days without being too cold yet.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

I would prefer to chase spring but here is a trip that chases 70 degrees A Year-Long U.S. Road Trip for People Who Want 70-Degree Weather Every Day - CityLab
Old 10-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #32

My initial thought was fall. I like September and early October when the mornings are cooler but we still have warmish weather during most of the daytime hours. The problem is the nice fall weather is only about 6 weeks then it's winter for 7 months. Fall can be depressing knowing what's coming. Spring is basically just the month of May so hard to say that's my favorite. Summer is hot and humid a lot of the time but it's sooo much better than winter that I may have to say it's my favorite season.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #33

We call HI the "Land of Ever-Summer." I picked summer, though I could miss some aspects of spring and fall if I worked at it. Summer here is rarely too hot, so that aspect of summer isn't a problem very often (as it used to be in the midwest.) Avg. diff in temp summer to "winter" here is about 5 degrees F. Honestly I kind of like our winter version of summer best - it's a bit cooler AND has bragging rights. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:55 PM   #34
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
We call HI the "Land of Ever-Summer." I picked summer, though I could miss some aspects of spring and fall if I worked at it. Summer here is rarely too hot, so that aspect of summer isn't a problem very often (as it used to be in the midwest.) Avg. diff in temp summer to "winter" here is about 5 degrees F. Honestly I kind of like our winter version of summer best - it's a bit cooler AND has bragging rights. YMMV
Yeah yeah, rub it in.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:25 PM   #35
Recycles dryer sheets

Fall. I've lived in NY, CT, NJ, FL,TX, and GA over my lifetime, and in all those places fall was the best season weather wise of the four, especially in terms of low humidity, which tends to drain my energy even more than the heat. Not too hot. Not too cold. Generally just about the right amount and type of precipitation that I could easily tolerate. Also, generally less pollen.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:15 AM   #36

Wow, surprised both at the poor showing of Summer and popularity of Fall. Would have thought that Spring would be on the same level as Fall.

At my current location I prefer mid February up to June, and then mid September to beginning of November. Mostly because of temperature and hours of sun.

Too little sun, unhappy camper. Too hot, very unhappy camper.

My ideal living is being able to do November - Feb in the southern hemisphere (e.g. New Zealand). Haven't figured out how to deal with those summer months.

Maybe Canada?
Old 10-04-2016, 06:07 AM   #37

I used to just love summer... still like it but I'm less tolerant of the heat and humidity than I used to be. Now I look forward to fall (early fall) when the temps are in the 60s and 70s. Still nice to be outside and I don't have to take multiple showers a day. And I don't have to run the heat or the A/C. Gas and electric bill drops quite a bit in September and October!
Old 10-04-2016, 07:54 AM   #38

Spring, with Fall a solid second. The days are longer in spring than in fall, and with DST now starting in early March we get those later sunsets.
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:04 AM   #39

Garlic sea salt !
Old 10-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowan View Post
I would say Jan-Mar because we meet all our snowbird friends from across the continent. Our most social season. We also love the Mexican people with all their fiestas. And there are many charitable events during the "high" season.
I voted for summer but in retrospect agree with Keith. Our time in PVR Jan-Mar is special.