Poll:Would you Try Pot if it were legal in your state?

Would you try pot if it were legal in your state?

• I have and I would.

Votes: 81 44.3%
  • I have and I would not.

Votes: 43 23.5%
  • Never have, and I would.

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Never have, and I would not.

Votes: 44 24.0%

• Total voters

Rustic23

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW and I were talking about pot being legal in Colorado, and to some extent other states. Neither of us have ever tried it. Guess that might say something about how old we are. I said that I think I might if it were legal. She said no way. So I wondered how this would poll out here. Simple Poll if it were legal in your state would you try it?

My little school bus will be making a swing through Colorado later this spring, I'll let you know how my very enthusiastic passengers feel about being legal.

:cool:

I was in college in the 70s and it was everywhere. Tried it several times, and yes I inhaled. Little interest in it then and absolutely no interest in it now. What I well remember is living with a couple of roommates who smoked pot often and the constant sickening smell on clothes, hair, etc. Yuk.
However, if I had a disease for which marijuana helped, I might reconsider. . .

My little school bus will be making a swing through Colorado later this spring, I'll let you know how my very enthusiastic passengers feel about being legal.

:cool:
If you're stopping in Colorado we already know...:D

Never tried it and never had any desire to try it. I was exposed to some secondhand pot smoke while sitting in the blue seats (cheap seats) at Madison Square Garden for some Knicks basketball games in the early 1980s. It really stunk like secondhand cigarette smoke.

I have never tried it but I often get a whiff of the stuff while walking around San Francisco. I think it stinks worse than cigarettes. Never say never, but personally I would not feel comfortable trying it unless it became legal at the Federal level.

I'm MOVING to Colorado in the spring! Sorry, my major diversion is the Denver Broncos, but that's a different thread...

I have never tried marijuana. After decades of suffering from migraines, I'm considering trying it as the headaches and nausea are increasing in strength and duration. None of the usual Big Pharma migraine medications work for me, so I'm getting desperate. I live in CA, where medical marijuana is legal. Even the National Institutes of Health acknowledge that marijuana can be beneficial for migraines: Cannabis for migraine treatment: the once and future pr... [Pain. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI

Never have and would not want to start now as I see no reason for it.

I quit cigarette 11 years ago. Why smoke something else now?

If you don't count second hand pot :angel:, I've never tried it and don't intend to even if legal.

BTW...the second hand pot was just sitting in the audience attending a concert where Steve Earle opened for Bob Dylan back in around the late 80's or early 90's. I much rather breathed fresh, evening air :LOL:

Many folks are vaping(think e-ciggs) these days, not smoking. Of course there are edible products as well. I haven't been to CO. since they changed the law. I spend quite a fair amount of time in Amsterdam, so I'd be lying if I said I've never tried it.

My best buddies DM, that was her request for her 70th birthday, at that age why argue.
MRG

After all the strides the American Cancer Society has made in making cigarette smoking a 'dirty habit', I'm surprised at the general acceptance of smoking anything at this point.

Not sure of the health risks of smoking pot, but...it can't be good for you.

I know it's early in the poll, but I am surprised at the number of respondents who've 'never tried it' (I thought I was the only one on the planet who hasn't!) and of those who have tried, but won't now.

I tried brownies once, and got plenty of second-hand smoke. No desire to use it now.

However, if I'm sitting in my nursing home at age 98 and doing nothing else, it might be a pleasant way to pass the time. No long term effects at that point I would assume.

I think the overall board tilt to the younger boomers, engineers, and introverts means that fewer members have tried it, or would. These versus Gen X and Gen Y folks, who consider it more mainstream, in my estimation.

The vaporizers are pretty high tech, with no smoke, no smell, and rechargeable from a USB. I've seen one recently, at a buddy's house, and it was a cut above the sloppy rolled joint you might be envisioning when someone says "smoking pot". I couldn't smell a thing when he "lit" it.

I smoked it in my late teens and early twenties but have no interest in it now, legal or illegal. Never tried cigarettes. Couldn't stand the smell. Marijuana smoke never bothered me like cigarette smoke does.

My high school graduating class was the basis for Fast Times at Ridgemont High. (Author was undercover at my highschool to do research.)
So yeah... I knew plenty of Spicolli's and hung out with them. ;)

But I found in general that, personally, I don't like feeling foggy/stupid.

That said - my brother found it VERY helpful in pain and appetite management when he was going through chemo for terminal cancer. I'd totally be baked all the time if I had the kind of pain he had.

Had a "pot head" for a room mate one semester in college. He would wake to bowl smoke most of the day and light up again before bed.

Needless to say he flunked out first semester.

Seeing him, I had no desire then or now ... did get my share of second hand smoke thou.

Last edited:
Not proud of it but smoked the bejeus out of the stuff in my early twenties along with consuming a number of other illegal substances. Fortunately it was just a stage I was going though. Over the years I have toked up for a special occasion here and there. To me pot is no better or worse than alcohol. I think it is insane the amount of money the government has wasted for the war on drugs, especially making pot a criminal offense. I might add I have known a number of successful people over the years that have and still do partake of the evil weed.

I have never tried it and am not really interested to now.

The only way I would use it is if it could help with a health condition. It would probably have to be baked into something because there is no way I would smoke it.

WA is just across the river and they recently passed a law making it legal. There seems to be quite a bit going on setting up businesses to sell it. From what I've heard on the news, it sounds like the cost to purchase will be quite high which is another disincentive in my opinion.

The closest botanical relative (in the Cannabaceae family) to cannabis sativa is humulus lupulus.

That means hops, one of the prime ingredients in beer.

So I'm already guilty by association! :LOL:

Side issue:
Back in the first half of the 20th century, there were many attempts to hybridize the two plants, attempting to produce a legal source of an illegal substance. Alas, none of the attempts ever worked, and the efforts were abandoned, AFAIK.

Civil war
Jumbo shrimp
Military intelligence
Marijuana initiative

The effects of legalizing pot seem quite positive. I see that the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks are the only two NFL teams left.

Guess they'll be getting together for a Super Bowl in a couple weeks.

Far out, man.

I live in WA and haven't even thought about it or seen anyone else that seemed to be smoking it. I don't want any but I wouldn't hesitate if I did.

I might try it just to see what all the fuss is about, but that's about the extent of my interest. Never have and I didn't see much of it. Since I wanted a career in law enforcement I made sure to stay away from that, and the people who might put me in a bad situation.

Back
Top Bottom