Polls about forum members

Re: Polls about form members

REWahoo! said:
[...]I don't think anyone wants us to become a bunch of thread Nazis riding herd on every post.

Oops, end of thread!

By the way, is it true that Hitler never paid off his mortgage?

bpp said:
By the way, is it true that Hitler never paid off his mortgage?

Why would he? He thought he stumbled on a sure fire get rich quick scheme. And it did seem to work at first, but in the end it was an unmitigated disaster.

Scrooge said:
Why would he? He thought he stumbled on a sure fire get rich quick scheme. And it did seem to work at first, but in the end it was an unmitigated disaster.
Talk about not outliving your assets...

I notice I was not mentioned in any of the popularity polls, which is appropriate, since I strive to practice "content-free" posting... :p

I notice I was not mentioned in any of the popularity polls, which is appropriate, since I strive to practice "content-free" posting...

:LOL: just a few more posts and you will be in "uber poster status"....and it wont matter...you will have demonstrated your superiority.... ;)

Wah! (Asian interjection of surprise)

I missed the polls.  That's what I get for enjoying work so much the past few days and not checking the forum from work.

I only go to this forum and The Motley Fool Retire Early Home Page (REHP) one.  At TMF, there's the rec (recommend) thing, and sometimes I wished there were a way to rec good posts here, so that sorting can be done on most recommended posts.  But then again, I wonder how many of the recs are based on who posted rather than the content of the post.

Here, I suppose, we can just vote to put a really good post on the Best of the Boards part.

I really like this board as it is--the way we have subportions/subcategories.  TMF REHP has devolved into too many political posts, and all of the posts are thrown hodge-podge into one big pot that it's hard to glean the good posts, at least, what I consider to be good.

flipstress said:
I only go to this forum and The Motley Fool Retire Early Home Page (REHP) one. At TMF, there's the rec (recommend) thing, and sometimes I wished there were a way to rec good posts here, so that sorting can be done on most recommended posts. But then again, I wonder how many of the recs are based on who posted rather than the content of the post.

Motley Fool like recs on this site? Blasphemy!

I actually left Motely Fool because the recs are given to people who brutally flamed others. People routinely gang up on posters who ask a simple question likes flies on cr*p. Not my kind of place at all. I promptly left and got a refund. Somehow I landed up here :confused:

Yeah, I like the board the way it is.  I like the members' civility and helpfulness and the fondness among folks that show through in the humor and the teasing.  The rec thing might change the dynamics and not for the better. 

I'm glad that the Internet filters at work banned TMF rather than this one, so I went to this board when I couldn't go on the TMF one. Now, this is the one I go to most everyday.  I actually learned of this forum from the TMF REHP one.  I think I had a message there directed to Dory but one of the posters there alerted me he wasn't posting there anymore and had his own board.

I removed the thread.  I would have done it sooner but I was out for a few days.

I think most anything can go here on the "other topics" forum, though  I might beg for politeness on occasion.  Personal attacks are bad and popularity contests are bad.  We have talked about having a karma option on this board, where you rate posts.  I don't even like that idea.  It just seems like something that could cause big blowups.

I am sure Into the Mystic meant well.

:-[

:-*

How do you feel about circumcision....

I'm soooo dissapointed. ;)
It was easy for you to remove the thread since you were one of the most popular members (I agree) voted but I on the other hand was not nominated :'(. I was hoping to create at least 100 new members 8) over the next several days who would have discovered me and voted for me. I would have become an overnight sensation :eek: and competed against Nord's smarts, CFB wit, unclemick's moussala charm, your (Martha) brilliant legal mind and the rest of the top dogs. Wait a minute, am I nuts. i'd be doomed to failure. NM. :D

MJ :)

We should have realized it was you earlier, you are the same silly self. :D

Congrats on your enlightenment! Hope to get there myself one day.

Back
Top Bottom