Pope Benedict XVI gets it: Retires early

Turns out he didn't retire, he was fired!

604156_531464393543703_502317291_n.jpg

We are all about retirement, so even the Pope qualifies, but let's remember to keep it friendly - and positive. :)

As more people work later, because they are living longer and still need the money, maybe in the future 85 will be the new ER? ;-)

Last edited:
Will he be referred to as Joseph or Benedict now?

I want to know if he gets to keep those spiffy red shoes to wear around the house. They look very comfortable!

I'm a convert Catholic, and I found this thread funny. I like to think God has a sense of humor, therefore I should too. ;)

If we had to be concerned about offending no one, nothing could be said at all.

Like everyone else I was very surprised to hear the news.

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 131
Hey, I'm a practicing Catholic and I found this thread good-humored and respectful. (Well, the Onion is outrageous, but that's to be expected.) Loved the shot of the lightning; God also appears to have a good sense of humor. As to name he'll no doubt go back to plain-old Fr. Ratzinger, although one wonders if it will be followed by former-pope or pope emeritus or something. He never wanted to be pope in the first place (which probably makes the best kind of pope). Hope he enjoys kicking those red loafers off and taking a well deserved rest. Now, onto speculation about the next pope. . . would love to see an African or Latino. . .

The Pope worked until he was 85. Today on NPR they had a story about a guy who was still working at 73. He has quite a ways to go to catch up with this Pope.

I'm a convert Catholic, and I found this thread funny. I like to think God has a sense of humor, therefore I should too. ;)
He must, just look at the world he has created.

Ha

Congratulations to the Pope Emeritus on his new status as a retired early person!
I watched him leave the Vatican in the helicopter. The aerial views of Rome were wonderful, seeing all those marvelous sights from on high.

Back
Top Bottom