Post Your Dog Pictures Here

Here is my 10 week old Golden Retriever

Daisyandtoy.jpg

passedout.jpg

This is a dog that we babysat for a few days. He wasn't in our house 10 minutes before he peed on our rug that we'd install two weeks earlier.

His family is very nice, but doesn't have a clue about dog training. The dog had spent a lot of time chained up alone in the yard, and he was pretty hyper. Dog training was a hobby of mine for a while, and this was one of the smartest, most eager-to-please dogs I've seen.

We did a lot of long hikes and training sessions. At the end of those days he was great at sit, down, and down-stay. He was also much calmer.

That was about a year ago, and now he's back to being a pretty unruly animal, and snaps at family members when they try to get him to do something he doesn't want to.

The worst thing I see about people not understanding dogs is the person who calls the dog, the dog won't come, and finally when the dog does come, he's punished for not coming sooner. Exactly the method you'd use to teach a dog not to come.

Attachments

• FreddieTheDog.jpg
    FreddieTheDog.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 12
  • FreddieTheDog.jpg_thumb
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
Saluki, if there is anything cuter than a golden puppy, I have not seen it!

I kept my boss' yellow lab puppy this past weekend, and she was a bunch of fun! Labs and Goldens are so cute, but boy do they get BIG!

Fun for the family I'm sure--what is his/her name?

Sarah

Her name is Daisy and she is even cuter than she looks

So far she is a really good dog and is getting the potty training down pretty well considering her age.

mclesters said:

I kept my boss' yellow lab puppy this past weekend, and she was a bunch of fun! Labs and Goldens are so cute, but boy do they get BIG!

Fun for the family I'm sure--what is his/her name?

Sarah
They don't have to be big bruisers. I have two Goldens and provide doggie day care to my son's. They are all cousins and weigh in about 60 pounds. They are females and bred for a moderately small size.

mclesters said:

Sarah

Every time the LL Bean catalog comes I find the page with the golden puppies and tell dh that's what I'm buying :)

I agree, not much cuter than a lab or golden puppy, well actually just about any puppy but they're at the top of the list.

Al, what ashame that beautiful dog is being neglected.

This is our third Weimaraner in the past 23 years, Spartacus is now 11 weeks old.

spartacusjoyce.jpg

All these adorable puppies!!

In 3 weeks I'm driving to VA with my Dad to pick up his Appalachian Turkey Dog puppy. I can't wait! I love puppy breath and the small of puppy feet. Smell them! They smell like Fritos!

Great pictures. I like dogs, just don't want to be a dog owner.

I wish I had a neighbor with a dog that I could walk. I do like walking with a dog, just not enough to get a dog.

I have a Siamese cat. That works for me.

Do people look like their dogs ?

Attachments

• dog1.jpg
    dog1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
  • dog1.jpg_thumb
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
  • dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 3
  • dog2.jpg_thumb
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
Do people look like their dogs ?

Attachments

• dog3.jpg
    dog3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3
  • dog3.jpg_thumb
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
  • dog4.jpg
    dog4.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
  • dog4.jpg_thumb
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
  • dog6.jpg
    dog6.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4
  • dog6.jpg_thumb
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
here's a guarddog !

Attachments

• bigcat.jpg
    bigcat.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 28
  • bigcat.jpg_thumb
    35.8 KB · Views: 1
Does the beast have a name and are there more photos?? WOW! (I am hoping there has been some photo editing here!)

This is my 13.5 year old lab Emily at about 3 months. She still does the tongue thing to this day.

Mike D.

Attachments

• puppy.jpg
    puppy.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 26
  • puppy.jpg_thumb
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Here's a picture of our mutt, Barkely:

img_489968_0_b49a8f3f50244ae1b0367f07eb6b3723.jpg

If you say "Gay Dog!" to him, this is the pose he gets into. My gay friends think it's amusing, but my straight friends don't. And I have no idea how the dog picked up this trick! I think he's about 7 years old, but don't know for sure. One of my roommates works for the SPCA, and they were going to put this dog to sleep, so we took him in about two years ago.

He's big and clumsy and gets hyper, and is good at knocking things over. He also barks at everything on the tv that remotely resembles an animal. Good with cats, but not with other dogs. But he does listen to commands. Well...usually. And has never peed or pooped in the house, even when we've forgotten to take him out and made him hold it for too long! :D

Your straight friends need to get a sense of humor.

I'm going to bet "gay dog!" sounds like "Lay down!" to some dogs ;)

My cat isnt as big as the one above, but he's pretty frickin large. A maine coon cat by heritage and most markings, but his dad was a very large albino manx cat. Both parents strays, momma left the litter in my garage and I ended up bottle feeding them until they got big enough to eat regular food. So I had a little prior "baby" experience.

Bearing in mind that Ted is about 100lbs or so and a fairly big dog...

attackcat.jpg

Andre1969 said:
If you say "Gay Dog!" to him, this is the pose he gets into.

very cute

ibid said:
Your straight friends need to get a sense of humor.

yeah, and your gay friends need to protest that limp wrist stereotyping.

(your str8 friends only get upset because their dogs do it too.)

Attachments

• humandog.jpg
    humandog.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 230
We were working in the yard most of the day and putting together two new Adirondack chairs I bought yesterday. This is what we do to keep the furry kid in one place, works like a charm.

Attachments

• Im003311.jpg
    Im003311.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Im003311.jpg_thumb
    40.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Im003312.jpg
    Im003312.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Im003312.jpg_thumb
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
I need to quit looking at all of these cute dogs! We have 5 cats and I have never quite figured out how we ended up with 5 animals. But boy all of those dogs sure make you think twice. We had our last dog for 17 years!

Honodog in Kapiolani Park Her third trip to Honolulu.

Attachments

• DD in park.JPG
    DD in park.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom