Powerball ?

I don’t play the lottery but it’s hard for me to understand why some people think it would be so terrible to win. I think it would be pretty awesome! Even if you didn’t want to change anything about your own lifestyle, you could use the net of tax proceeds to help causes of your choice.

The problem is no privacy; only a handful of states allow you to remain anonymous. That makes you a huge target for crime, even violent crime. Not to mention friends and relatives hitting you up. And people trying to date you or marry you for your money. No thank you.

The problem is no privacy; only a handful of states allow you to remain anonymous. That makes you a huge target for crime, even violent crime. Not to mention friends and relatives hitting you up. And people trying to date you or marry you for your money. No thank you.

^ What she said. You'd forever question the motives of anyone who wanted to be your friend.

You would have to live in a high security gated community. That would be #1 on my list. As far as the rest goes.......

You would have to live in a high security gated community.

My husband said the same thing too. I had told him that I'd still stay in my house, but he said we had to move to a more secure place.

The only time I play is when we do a group thing at work and only because I don't want to be stuck w/all their work when they all leave at the same time! However, I do like the attitude of buying a couple of dollars so that you can daydream...not a bad idea!

My husband said the same thing too. I had told him that I'd still stay in my house, but he said we had to move to a more secure place.

There are a lot of multi-millionaires and more than a few celebrities who have homes (mostly, summer homes) in this town. Not in MY part of town, of course. But I don't feel like having lottery winnings would make me feel any less safe. Security cameras, good locks and an alarm system would be plenty.

Frankly, if I lived in an area where a gated community was necessary for safety, I'd be looking to move anyway.

A $500M prize, cash value after taxes, would likely be $125M, give or take. And while that’s a significant pile o’ money, it’s middling on the uber rich scale... Should be easy to hide amongst the other rich folks.

I think the craziest statistic about lottery winners is the neighbors get into financial trouble way before the lottery winner does.

“I’m only 20, but I hope to use it to pursue a variety of passions, help my family, and do some good for humanity,” he said, according to lottery officials. “Although I’m young I’ve had a crash course this week in financial management and I feel so fortunate to have this incredible wealth and team behind me. I intend to take care of my family, have some fun along the way, and cement a path for financial success so that I can leave a legacy far into the future.”

A good start.

Back
Top Bottom