Join Early Retirement Today

Pre-school Orientation
Old 09-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Pre-school Orientation

Tonight I went to my son's pre-school parent meeting. I am so impressed by the woman in charge of the school. It takes a special person to deal with these little munchkins day-in and day-out.

We are sending our 3 yr old son to a 2nd year pre-school which is held in a local church. The pre-school program had only 12 or 13 students last year, and has about double that now. The ratio for our son's class is still 6:1.

This parent conference took me back a bit....the parents had to choose what table to sit at...you saw the 'alliances' already forming....reminded me of the lunch room. The teachers are so organized and passed out those papers with precision...on cue every time.

It was a very neat experience for a first-time dad....I cant wait to be involved with the class as much as possible. As the kids become older I'm sure it's more difficult to stay AS involved as i can be now. I signed up to help with a few things as did my wife.

Personally though, I can't wait til "Donuts with Dads" -which is now being renamed Muffins with Dads because of some food allergies in the class. It sounds like a blast!!!

Well, that's all...just wanted to share. There were no physical confrontations to tell about :-( Sorry.

although.... there was one mom who i wouldnt mind a physi..... nevermind

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

....I cant wait to be involved with the class as much as possible. As the kids become older I'm sure it's more difficult to stay AS involved as i can be now. I signed up to help with a few things as did my wife.

Just remeber they will actually need your involvement more as they get older. Be sure to give the teachers space the first few weeks so you child can become part of a class.. don't be the hoovering parent

Old 09-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
Well, that's all...just wanted to share. There were no physical confrontations to tell about :-( Sorry.
I'm very proud of you thefed. That must have taken tremendous self-control on your part!

Friday is grandparents' day at the preschool where our grandkids go/went. Since my son/dil had their family in rapid succession, two years ago we had three there to visit. Last year two. And now this year only one. The older two are now at public elementary school.