Originally Posted by clifp
After my brilliant (i.e. incredibly lucky) prediction of Paula Abdul leaving American Idol.
1. I predict that AI viewership will drop dramatically and the show will disappear after 2012. I also predict that I'll start watching it and lose interest..
2. A former Disney teen star will get caught doing drugs and will release a sex tape.
3. A medium to large city (>250K) will default on its municipal debt. The bankruptcy plan will call for existing retirees pensions to get cut. (Although this probably won't be settled until 2012)
4. California, and Illinois financial crisis will worsen and their debt ratings will be cut by 2+ levels.
5. Somebody will beat UConn woman's basketball team.
6. The Yankee's won't be back in the World Series.
7. The Laker will return to the NBA finals
8. Dow closes at 13,100
9. Unemployment falls to 9% but remains north of 8%
10. Winter will be much nicer in Hawaii than in the rest of the US
Good, fun post!!
1. I hate the show, please don't start watching it.
2. I hope so, love to watch the tape!
3. I would say more than 1 major city.
5. no comment/interest
6, I hope so
7. We'll know soon,
8. I'll put an 80% probability on this one
9. Agree (caveat, still alot of under employment)
I'll add one more:
11. Another major natural catastrophe somewhere in the world (e.g. Earthquake, Tsunami,...). Really bad, like Japan or worse.