Join Early Retirement Today

PUNishment
Old 02-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
PUNishment

THE ABILITY TO MAKE AND UNDERSTAND PUNS IS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT.

Here are the ten first place winners in the International Pun Contest:

1. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess
looks at him and says, "I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger."

2. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says
"Dam!"

3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft.
Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

4. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says "I've lost my electron." The other says "Are you sure?" The first replies "Yes, I'm positive."

5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.

6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse.

"But why?", they asked, as they moved off.

"Because," he said," I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."

7. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption.

One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan. " Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

8. A group of friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close.

Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they
didn't close up shop.

Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that only Hugh can prevent florist
friars.

9. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and, with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good) a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

10. And finally, there was the person who sent ten different puns to friends,
with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: PUNishment
Old 02-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

mickeyd,

Those were great, keep 'em coming.

(less) Grumpy (now)
Old 02-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

I don't have any quite so good as those, but...

In my writer's chat room one night, we were brainstorming about possible obstacles/threats that could impede people trying to sneak into a secret passage from the outside.

Person One: Hmmm... how about killer plants?
Person Two: Guardenias?
peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Those were super!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

If a spouse makes a bad pot of coffee can that be cited as "grounds" for divorce?
gindie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #6

sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Courtesy of my brother...

You heard of the group folks from a home for the mentally challenged that formed a famous singing troupe back in the 60-70's? Oh yes, they toured the world but because they were paying their own way they had to travel and eat frugally and usually drank Tab and fruit of which apples were their favorite. You know them, the Moron Tab and Apple Choir!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellman's Mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The Titanic hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger.

Then it hit me.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #10

Thanks, these were great!!!

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

This morning, police were called to a daycare where a two year old was resisting a rest.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #12
Full time employment: Posting here.

Love em.
I would not have anyone adopt my mode of living...but I would have each one be very careful to find out and pursue his own way, and not his father's or his mother's or his neighbor's instead. Thoreau, Walden
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #13

There was a woman who had triplets and decided to name them Matt, Pat, and Tat. She soon decided to give Tat up for adoption. Why?

Because there was no tit for Tat. :P
Andre1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off?

He's all right now.