Quotes. Your favourite?

"Never knock on Death's door; ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

"If you fall I will lend a hand to help you up... but I will not carry you just because you do not want to walk.."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"If you don't know where you are going, you might not get there."

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

"The future ain't what it used to be."

"It's deja vu all over again."

"You can observe a lot just by watching."

Yogi Berra

"Americans always do the right thing--after they have tried everything else."

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

"Democracy is absolutely the worst possible form of government...except for all the others."

Winston Churchill

More Groucho Marx:

"Humor is reason gone mad." -- Groucho Marx

"Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot." -- Groucho Marx

"If you've seen one woman naked, you...want to see them all."

Ron White

You are drunk, Sir Winston. You are disgustingly drunk

Why yes, Mrs Braddock I am drunk. But you, Mrs Braddock are ugly and disgustingly fat. But tomorrow morning I, Winston Churchill, will be sober.

Mr Churchill, if you were my husband I should poison your tea!!

And if you were my wife, I would drink it!

--An exchange (apocryphal?) between Sir Winston Churchill and Elizabeth "Bessie" Braddock, British Labour politician

"Million to one chances pop up nine times out of ten."

- Terry Pratchett

"The older I get, the better I used to be"

Chi Chi Rodriguez - Pro golfer

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man" -- Heraclitus

And what a fine rendition that is (not)! :facepalm:

What a waste of Roy Clark's talents. Anyhooo... that post dated the blues versions. So I guess you can still say it is from a C&W song (if that qualifies as a song), but the original is still blues (like almost everything!).

-ERD50

Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.
Viktor E. Frankl

MRG

"Money is a good servant, but a bad master." -- Francis Bacon, Sr.

"Man is not a rational animal, he is a rationalizing animal. " Robert A. Heilein

"We'd never get anywhere if we weren't impatient and ungrateful." (some tech article)

"Clear thinking requires courage rather than intelligence." - Thomas Szasz

"The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury.” George Washington

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
C. S. Lewis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom