Raining in CA

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Typically extreme California style, drought to deluge. We are getting hammered.

Attachments

• pig-n-boots.jpg
    pig-n-boots.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 240
I got about 3 1/2 inches yesterday. Lots of flooding and trees down in my area, but we needed the rain.

Over 4" at my place....no playing outside for the dog. Very happy to get the rain I'm ok if we continue to get rain but not at that rate. A bit too much in too short a timeframe

For us, we got as much rain yesterday in 16hrs than we did for all of 2013. Shows how little rain we got in 2013 as much as it shows how much rain we got yesterday.

Raining again now..and more to come next week

We got a pretty good downpour yesterday morning in the SF East Bay. I know some places got hit pretty hard like the North Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. However, the hysteria over a rain storm, at least here in the East Bay, was way overblown. Schools closed. People told to stay home.

It's just rain people. That's why they have roofs on cars and sell raincoats. People on the East Coast have real weather.

It rained pretty hard yesterday morning in San Francisco. We had some minor street flooding in my neighborhood but that's it. I was happy to see some rain though, probably the first significant rainstorm I have seen since moving here 2.5 years ago.

It's dumping in La Quinta - the concrete got horrendously damp and the pool surface was so disturbed by raindrops that the reflected mountains were indistinct. If I'd known it was going to be like this I'da stayed in Oregon.

or not - the Oregon look:

img_1529019_0_23e1dce1a2e23947fc9decbdb166528c.jpeg

Drove by Shasta Lake over Thanksgiving holiday. Man, you folks need the rain in a bad way. Or should I say we all do, based on the food price impact of the recent drought.

It's been pretty steady for about 10 hours, with a stretch of heavy downpour and wind pre-dawn. Seems to be tapering off a bit now. Had a severe leak in my pantry during the last storm that I think came from some repair work the termite company did on a damaged roof joist. Unfortunately, they seem to be playing hard to get on fixing it for the last week so I had to tarp the roof valley over that spot yesterday. Seems to be holding.

Lots of fun. We had around 3", give or take, in the SF East Bay yesterday. It has been showering on and off most of the morning so far, and just started raining steadily again.

My landlord was up all night with a serious leak at one of his office buildings. It took him a while, but he finally figured out that the wind was blowing the rain through cracks in the firewall. It wasn't a simple roof leak, as he had initially thought. My downstairs neighbor has a problem with leaks as well.

Luckily, I have had no such issues and spent the evening indoors with the cats, sipping on hot chocolate spiked with whisky, while listening to the rain outside.

Was up on the roof a few days ago looking for any possible leaks...good thing i did. The rubber around some of the pipes had cracked and broken off used Henrys cold patch- good stuff.
Got just under 5 inches here in the foothills of the Sierra....lets hope it keeps coming...the lakes are so low :nonono:
Worried about my well after all these dry years... Rain dance :dance:

It is drizzily but the constant rain stopped by us today. I know my husband must be going stir crazy because he suggested we go out shopping this afternoon. He normally hates to shop.

It's screwing up my golf plans but I will "grin and bear." It's a lot better than winter storm, monsoon, hurricane, ....

I am grateful for the rain we got here today in SW Riverside County. We're supposed to get more early next week.

Probably a good idea to close schools. I'm serious. Some of these drivers never have seen rain. They need to break in slowly, maybe over the weekend when they can take it slow and not be rushing to school.

We had an epic drought in the Southeast about 8 years ago. I bought a bike that summer. It was awesome! Very little rain all summer, smooth riding.

Two years later, I wiped out badly on some moss. Sounds stupid, but seriously, I got used to grippy, dusty paths. The moss snuck up on me. Being reintroduced to biking after 30 years, I didn't have the experience I needed for prolonged damp conditions until it was too late.

Can anybody report on the Sierra Nevada snowpack?

It’s Raining; So How Do Those Reservoirs Look? | The California Report | KQED News

From the article -

"So the snowpack so far this year? As of Monday, it’s 41 percent of normal for the date. That’s not great. If you’re looking for a silver lining to that meager-sounding number, here it is: We’re still early in the season, and historically most of the snowpack is built during January and February. So there’s still lots of time to catch up."

It's raining again here in Southern CA. Actually - we're between big waves of storm... rained a lot this afternoon - supposed to rain even more tonight and tomorrow.

They said the local snow fall would go down to 5500' so that should help the local mountains. Big Bear is at 7k' so it should get some snow...

It's raining again here in Southern CA. Actually - we're between big waves of storm... rained a lot this afternoon - supposed to rain even more tonight and tomorrow.

They said the local snow fall would go down to 5500' so that should help the local mountains. Big Bear is at 7k' so it should get some snow...

Please blow some inland a bit. I'm anxiously waiting....

No rain in the TV this evening? I'm surprised - the weather radar made it look like there was big rain... At least a little south of you in Fallbrook/Valley Center/Pala/etc.

Got some hard rain, lightning in the early hours of this morning in the San Gabriel Valley. Beautiful golden sunrise right now.

No rain in the TV this evening? I'm surprised - the weather radar made it look like there was big rain... At least a little south of you in Fallbrook/Valley Center/Pala/etc.

Not much at all here. No big rain.

I was impacted by the recent storm. Omaha steak I ordered 2 weeks ago is delayed due to flooding. I usually get them within 2-3 days.

Back
Top Bottom