Randy Travis in Critical Condition

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was shocked hearing the news about Randy Travis in critical condition.

I know he's had his ups and downs (more recently downs), but one time he was "The Man" in Country Music.

Steady concern for Travis, a popular and pivotal figure in country music, turned to active support as stars like Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum and Martina McBride and the Grand Ole Opry used Twitter to join Webster's call for prayers. Hundreds of users reached out using the hashtag PrayforRandy

Country music stars show their support for Randy Travis

Randy grew up not far from my hometown, maybe 25 miles or so. My dad was a barber & said Randy used to come to town & get a haircut in his barbershop. Not from my dad, but from another barber. He also said "that Travis boy" was always in trouble & having to come to town to go to court etc. I know that later on, Randy used to come to my grandfather's town (Wadesboro, NC) which was even closer to his town, to play music with my grandfather, uncle Roy & others at a small store called Schuman's. Too bad I never met him. He's from Marshville, NC.

Years ago, my grandpa also used to play with Bill Monroe, in the radio days. He played the fiddle mostly, but could also play the guitar. He sometimes gave lessons on both. I have 2 of his fiddles. Uncle Roy played a mean mandolin & guitar.

Last edited:
Great entertainer. I just read that his troubles started with viral pneumonia. Things can sure go to hell fast!

Ha

Back
Top Bottom