Re- Introduce the I Phone 6 My semi wacky idea

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am not an I phone user , but many I know just love their I phone 6 and don't want to upgrade when their phone is lost / damaged.

Apple would be smart to re introduce the 6 IMO with newer innards , but keep things like the audio jack.

That's not the business model that AAPL has ever operated under and it never will. I'd argue that they know what they're doing when it comes to this sort of thing.

Nothing authoritative but I just read an article asking why Apple didn’t switch the phones over to the usb-c connection that they use in the computers so that there would only be one cable/connector needed. The conclusion was that it was likely Apple was going to ultimately go connection free very soon. I sure don’t see the headphones jack coming back no matter how nice that would be for use old timers.

I have the Apple AirPods and I love them. But, when I make an important call, I plug in my wired headphones. I just trust them, plus, the volume is right there handy on the wire. Yes, I have an iPhone 6. Bought it last year and I hope and expect that I’ll get another 3-5 years out of it as long as they don’t technologically kill it before then.

I am not an I phone user , but many I know just love their I phone 6 and don't want to upgrade when their phone is lost / damaged.

Apple would be smart to re introduce the 6 IMO with newer innards , but keep things like the audio jack.

Yup. I am an iPhone 6 user and I just love the phone and did not want to upgrade when it died after 3.5 years. Apple offered a replacement phone (likely refurbished) for $300 but I could not upgrade memory. I bought a brand new iPhone 6s (more memory) from Verizon for $450. That was 3 months ago. Many users really want the bigger phones with 64G or more.

I have the new Ipad Pro, so now I need a USB-C cable to charge my Ipad, but a lightning cable to charge my iPhone and Apple Watch. And since my MacBook Pro is 6 years old, I need a Magsafe charger for that.

Hopefully this is a transition period that will eventually lead to a single USB-C standard for charging all devices.

Back
Top Bottom