Reading Lamp for Tired Old Eyes

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I bought this lamp in December, and found it's great for reading.

One advantage over other floor lamps is you can adjust the height by eliminating one of the support sections. As a result, you can set things such that the light is very close to the book you're reading. Other floor lamp manufacturers don't seem to understand that.

bQt5jJY.jpg

Also, you can adjust color temperature and brightness. I'd prefer to read all my books on my Kindle, but when a book is free from the library and $10 from Amazon, I get it from the library.

Recommended!

Thanks - just what I needed for my hobby room.

That lamp looks terrific! Great price, too.

Right now I am using this lamp, which is a conventional swing arm floor lamp that I got for $101 at Amazon four years ago. I use a three way bulb in it, and amazingly it hasn't burned out after 4 years of use. It is bright enough for my needs so far.

While perusing a website linked to in a thread here about superior products, I saw this Microsun lamp which looks and sounds very appealing to me because the quality of light and overall brightness are supposed to be exceptional. It is awfully expensive, though, and (luckily?) it has not been available since I became aware of its existence.

Last edited:
While perusing a website linked to in a thread here about superior products, I saw this Microsun lamp which looks and sounds very appealing to me because the quality of light and overall brightness are supposed to be exceptional. It is awfully expensive, though, and (luckily?) it has not been available since I became aware of its existence.

FWIW, Microsun lamps are indeed exceptional. We have five of them in various styles, both floor and table models. Some are over 20 years old. Well worth the cost, since the special bulbs use remarkably little energy and last many years even with frequent regular use.

Reactions: W2R
FWIW, Microsun lamps are indeed exceptional. We have five of them in various styles, both floor and table models. Some are over 20 years old. Well worth the cost, since the special bulbs use remarkably little energy and last many years even with frequent regular use.

If the model I want becomes available, I may end up buying it just because I can. With the stock market continuing its mad catapult upwards, I can afford to spend more. I guess I could put my present (perfectly good) lamp someplace else in the den.

That Mission Amish version with the wood stand is gorgeous. If it is solid wood (not veneer) I do not think the price is out of line at all.

That lamp looks terrific! Great price, too.

Right now I am using this lamp, which is a conventional swing arm floor lamp that I got for $101 at Amazon four years ago. I use a three way bulb in it, and amazingly it hasn't burned out after 4 years of use. It is bright enough for my needs so far.

That Mission Amish version with the wood stand is gorgeous. If it is solid wood (not veneer) I do not think the price is out of line at all.

They are indeed gorgeous, I agree! The one I want is $625 though. The Mission Amish lamp is a lot too. To me these prices are awfully high, even though they may not be out of line. On the other hand, we only live once.

It's probably a good thing that the one I want hasn't been available at any price for some time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom