Reality TV

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
Okay we've handled all the tough issues about health care and the stock market now it's time for the real thing reality TV . I know some of us watch it so fes up and guys don't act morally superior .You watch that show where the guy eats strange food .So I'll go first I'm hooked on "Can you dance ". Every wednesday and Thursday I'm glued to the TV .So what do you watch :confused:

I like watching Wife Swap...they have some great ones....and sometimes I watch America's Top Model and wonder how/why the girls want to be so skinny and hollow.

Survivor and American Idol, all the rest are just too filled with fake Drama - Big Brother being the worst.

Oh boy...it's confession time for me.

Survivor
Top Model
The house flipper ones...they are getting old tho 'cept for that new one...the compulsive guy....
Top Chef
Hell's Kitchen
You Think You Can Dance
American Idol
Design Star

Can't think of more right now. I know, it's dumb but I like 'em...so there:rolleyes:

Yeah, I have a crush on Cat Deeley.

I like a lot of them:

Survivor (haven't watched the newest seasons)
Extreme Makeover Home Edition (always cry on this one)
So You Think You Can Dance
Amazing Race (bugged me that they explained the rules every show)
Age of Love (who'd he end up with, anyway? I was rooting for Jen)
Bachelor/Bachelorette
America's Got Talent (rooting for the little singer girl)

Probably more...

2Cor521

Oh wait, Hells kitchen off and on as well.

Mixed Martial arts isn't a reality show, it's a sporting event! And it ROCKS! ;)

Survivor
Amazing Race
You think you can dance (DW watches it - I will if I can't escape the room! - that host is taaaall!)

Amazing Race
Survivor
Big Brother

I have also watched So You Think You Can Dance, and the dance show with the stars, some Wife Swap and Flip this House

I like reality tv shows even though my DH makes fun of me for it.

amazing race
sytycd
idol
flipping shows
top chef
project runway

my 4 year old is well aware of how these competitions all work, and often agrees or disagrees with the judges! wonder what her generation will be like eh?

Boy and I thought you would all make fun of me .I guess I should fess up to also watching America's Top Model & What not to wear ( who gets dresed up every day ? Can't they just put together stylish sweats ).By the way on So You think you can dance I'm rooting for Neil & Lauren !

I will be on the last season of 'Survivor' or bust

Wildcat, maybe you'll aprreciate this: I was a semi-finalist for Survivor four different times, and a finalist for Survivor Marqueses (finalist = final 48 people whittled down from 50,000).

Every new person who walks into my life gets dragged down to my TV and is initiated into my 6 year casting journey by watching all my application videos, as well as news stories about me. Twas exciting for a long long time, pondering my pending 15 minutes of glory, but now that the embers are dying, it seems like my party will never begin.

Although...once a reality junkie, always a reality junkie, and I have my feet in another reality fire, and am "this close" to getting cast on a bigger better reality show. Hard to imagine one better than Survivor, but it is being developed, and it will kick some serious arse. :bat:

My current faves are The Two Coreys, Addiction, and plain old Cops.

The closest that I've come to watching reality TV, was watching 'Dancing with the Stars'. Unless 'Country Fried Home Videos' hosted by Bill Engvall counts as reality TV! ;) Or 'My Name Is Earl'......

OK, I guess I don't really watch any reality TV. Wait, I watched the O.J. Simpson "car chase" in '94....does that count?? :D

I have not even seen one minute of "Survivor", "Dancing..", "Idol" or any of those competition-type shows.. they just hold zero interest for me.

I do like watching "SOS Tata" (Nanny 911) and "Cambio Moglie" (Changing Wives) because they give me some interesting insights into how real Italian families live. It's quite eye-opening to see the moms slaving over the lazy grown offspring and the kinds of tempter tantrums non-US kids have ("Lentils!! LENTILLLLLLS! I WANT LENTILS!!! WAAAAA!").

I also like the real crime investigation ones.
(we get a mix of American and Italian programming)

Amazing Race - my all time favourite show
Survivor - was much better before they casted all those wannabe actors
Hell's Kitchen - hoping that Rock wins next week
Top Chef - hard one this season as no-one is that likeable

The latest train wreck I am into is Flipping Out. Has anyone seen this one on Bravo about the house flipper with OCD? Does a fantastic job on the houses he flips, but despite his wealth I wouldn't swop places with him for any amount of money.

I like American Idol (after the top dozen or two are selected), because I enjoy the music and I think Simon Cowell provides excellent mini-critiques.

Although they may not qualify as Reality TV, I also HouseHunters and sometimes watch other HGTV shows, and I enjoy watching the news and the History Channel. Now THAT is reality!

Otherwise, I don't really watch reality TV.

Last edited:
Only thing I've watched with regularity was survivor, and I gave up on that two seasons ago. It just got too repetitive. There also never seemed to be someone that I really liked or hated.

My wife watches a bunch of them.

So You Think You Can Dance rules!

I love this show. I've been watching it since the first season. I've always loved all kinds of dance and this is so much fun - to get to watch (for free) such talented dancers and choreographers doing this original stuff week after week is great. On the other hand, I find Dancing with the Stars to be lame because the celebs aren't trained dancers. I watched it once or twice, then turned it off because the talent level just wasn't there.

Oh and I usually can't stand the bickering between the teams, but I like watching the Amazing Race just to see the different places they go to. Luckily, I have Tivo so I can skip all the talking and just watch the travel parts.

Back
Top Bottom