Reality TV

I fear that the reality show police have her for posting that she was going to tell us on Sunday! I saw advertisements for new Survivor show and Amazing Race in 02/09. I hope that everything is going okay for you, Queeneev.

Hmm maybe we were thinking about the wrong type of reality shows. Maybe it was Cheaters (a must see to broaden your view of life) or Cops (can't post because is in jail).

Hmm maybe we were thinking about the wrong type of reality shows. Maybe it was Cheaters (a must see to broaden your view of life) or Cops (can't post because is in jail).
Yeah, I wonder what are the top ten reasons members don't post for a day or so.

1) they were caught on "Cheaters";
2) they were caught on "Cops";
3) they are on their way to Hollywood on "American Idol";
4) boss restricted internet use;:(
5) spouse or SO restricted internet use;:(:(
6)

6. Watching 6 month old Granddaughter

I have not heard of a show called Cheaters.

I hope that everything is okay with Queeneev. I heard that Columbus was supposed to get 8 inches of snow. Hope there was not an accident.

Hmm, there was a network reality show on last night called "True Beauty" where the young hot contestants were paired with "senior citizens" up to 101 years old. Queeneev, was that you? :)

Dreamer, if you haven't seen Cheaters I suggest you take 5 minutes out of your life to watch, because until I did I was clueless as to the existence of such people. I watched it once, and in that episode the host of the show (not sure it should actually be given that status) was stabbed by the Cheater. I can never work out where they get these people from.

Another few possibilities I have come up with are the following:

1. Rock of Love Bus with Brett Michaels
2. Bad Girls
3. Bridezilla
4. Charm School

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do for their 15 minutes of fame. However, before anyone gets too concerned about my viewing habits you should know I learnt of the existence of these shows by watching The Soup.

I wouldn't even know when or where to watch it, but I don't like to watch violence, so probably not for me!

I fear that the reality show police have her for posting that she was going to tell us on Sunday!

Dreamer, it's possible that you are warmer than you think. I'm not a big tv fan but I do understand that reality contestants are pretty strictly held to a secrecy agreement until after a show airs. Could she have crossed a line with her posts?

I've seen "Cheaters" several times. I really do need to get a life.

It's another formula show: contestant thinks spouse or SO is cheating, show sends out detective with hidden camera, after many ads they return to show film to disbelieving contestant who goes ballistic, contestant confronts the couple together, lots of embarrassment, hiding faces, going after the camera, each other, etc.

Howdy howdy,

First, I apologize for not showing up Sunday night with any info, I have been completely and totally bombarded the last 3 days, as once the word got out, I now have all the email, facebook, phone calls....it is quite a surprise!

Anyhooo. For those of you who haven't guessed correctly, I will be featured on The Amazing Race (season 14), which will begin Sunday February 15 at 8 pm (and our season is SO awesome that we are getting 12, not the usual 11, episodes!!)

If you are a fan, you can read up on all the racers at cbs dot com, I am the Victoria of "Brad and Victoria".

So far, I am not superly-duperly pleased with my own voice, words, appearance (you know that thing about watching yourself on film, or seeing yourself in a photo, and how you never look quite as awesome as you imagined?) I've heard the same reaction from others as well. I wonder why our brains allow us to be so self-critical! Ugh! Now I want to run out and get Invisilgns because I hate my teeth, lol!

Just to get you started, here is what I consider the best video that showcases the racers (I am about 2:40 minutes in):

Amazing Race-The Amazing Race 14 - All New Race, All New Teams - AOL Video

Unfortunatey, I can't say much more until after the finale... :nonono:

I hope you enjoy it!

hahaha maybe when this all passes by, I will settle down and get back to working on the FIRE thing....:flowers:

Oh excellent, my favourite show and I get to watch someone that I kind of know. Can't wait to see how you fare. BTW what is Phil like? He comes across as a really nice, warm person, so unHollywood like.

Awesome or should I say Amazing!!! I've never watched AR but I'll watch this one! Everyone has always said this is the best reality show--relying on contestants' skills, strengths, strategizing, etc. more than others.

Besides the cool name.

Good luck, queeneev!

I have watched Amazing Race since series 1 so I will look forward to seeing you. Hope you do well. Good luck and make sure you check out the thread about you on television without pity.

Funny I was talking about reality shows with a friend. He is sort of an addict, and said that one of his favorites is Amazing Race. I said I think the only that I've been tempted to watch (besides Idol) is Amazing Race. I think I'll start watching now that I have somebody to root for beside the numerous hotties they have on the show. Gee I wonder why, good looking woman appear so frequently on these shows.

How exciting that you are on my favorite TV show! You and your husband look amazing. I am impressed by your workout on the film. I need to get in shape. What I liked the most though was when your DH said that you really like each other. You sound like such a sweet couple and I will definitely be rooting for you. I have already emailed by daughter and sister your video and they will be rooting for you also. Like I said before though, even if you did not win, I hope that you had an awesome time.

I would love to be on the Amazing Race, but I don't think that I would be brave enough for some of the stunts and I don't know if I would be smart enough either. I probably should just keep watching it on TV!

Just out of curiosity, do you still live in Columbus OH? I think that I remember that from a prior thread. DH and I lived in Columbus for 9 years. We were married on Lockbourne AFB (the name at the time, but it changed to Rickenbacher AFB later.)

This will be so much fun. Can't wait until 2/15!

Reality TV? More like surreal. I do watch C span for genuine drivel, which of course drives out ordinary drivel. The Peter principle is alive and well.

A friend and I applied to get on the race... and like many people..... nada...

SO, what was it that got you on the race?

Any tidbits you can share like "Joe might look good, but he will stab you in the back in a second"...

A few curiosity questions.. do you 'pay' for the plane tickets or is there some agreement with the airlines? Do you get to keep the miles? Is there more information you get on the clues than what they show on TV? IOW, do you get a map or... well anything? How long are you racing? On the mandatory pit stops, do you only get overnight or do you get to really rest a day?

I know it is aready done and over... and you can not say what happened... but a 'good luck' anyhow...

The Man Show used to be on Comedy Central for a few years. If that was a reality show, it was my favorite one. If it was not a reality show, it was just my favorite show. Now that Reno 911 is on, that is now my fav.

Laurence is going to be SOOO jealous! He and a friend wanted to be on that show a couple of years ago.

Whenever DH and I do something really lame when we are traveling - like go the wrong direction or say something wrong to someone in a foreign language (or English for that matter!) we always say, well that is why we can't be on the A.R. that's the clip they would show over and over! I'm sure I would come off looking like a total B - stress and lack of sleep coupled with a thousand people staring at me while I'm trying to assemble a bike or something would NOT be pretty!

Queeneev - Congratulations! My favorite show! We will watch you and wish you well, and you can tell us all about it after the show concludes, ok?

Just wanted to remind those people who watch The Amazing Race that it starts tonight! Go Brad and Victoria!

Back
Top Bottom