Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #41

How cool for you, Queen! I am very excited for you and although I do not watch tv, I will happily go somewhere and watch whatever show you are on, and root for you!
I used to watch the X-Files a long time ago, but nothing since then.
I can't wait to hear your good news! Yay!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.

The only reality show i can think of that airs Sunday night is
"Extreme Makeover"
I dont watch much on TV but i do enjoy WWE wrestling,Nascar events,and any Sci-Fi show

Old 01-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
make on Sunday evening that at least a few of you should get a kick out of...
RE: NFL ~You will be playing in the Superbowl?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Queeneey - your tastes are very similar to my own. I watched so many sitcoms in my HS years that I never want to watch them now. I only watch documentaries and reality TV:

Amazing Race - #1, although they need to vary the game a bit. It needs some refreshing by shaking up the format. But a great show. It's the least backstabbing reality show IMHO; the game is won by racing skills rather than by who you can lie to.

Survivor - Coming up fast. Last 2 seasons were excellent. I've only watched for a few seasons.

Fear Factor - I used to treadmill to this. Lighthearted pulpy entertainment, lots of girls with surgical enhancement.

America's Next Top Model - would be better without Tyra. The Australian version is much better but you need to get it off the web.

Project Runway - Interesting show.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by queeneev View Post

If by chance you can back-fill the missing pieces before I post the info on Sunday, please don't name the show here, just say "oh oh oh! I know! I know!" . Not that those powers would ever know I came in here and spilled the beans, but....well, you just never do know.

Queeneey - let's hope it's what I think it is! You will tell us which one you are, right?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The only reality show i can think of that airs Sunday night is
"Extreme Makeover"
I dont watch much on TV but i do enjoy WWE wrestling,Nascar events,and any Sci-Fi show
Amazing Race is a Sunday night show.
Which might or might not be relevant.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #47
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

The reality of TV is that there might be 900 channels, but there's nothing to watch.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Queeneev, fun thread: I find that even after retirement (almost 5 months now) I still need what you call “mindless drivel after a day of hard work, much like I need a Hostess Snowball every once in awhile to appease my food soul.”

I like two or three from your list: “American Idol,” and “Antiques Roadshow," in particular. I’ll add one that both SO and I enjoy, “Wife Swap” although we dislike the format of people criticizing other people’s lifestyles. We fall right into the networks plot and watch “Super Nanny” right after “Wife Swap.” Those nannies are very wise women!

OTOH, thank god, these shows are heavily edited. They are great for “talking over” without fear of losing the thread of the presentation, so to speak.

One of the few things I missed when switching from expanded to basic cable was the HGTV channel, another was “South Park.” Confession: I’m just starting season two of “The Sopranos” on DVD. Interesting that back in 1999 when it started I missed some of the nuances of popular expressions like “bada bing!”
Old 01-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #49
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hey, Queeneev. It is Sunday night. When are you going to post? I hope that it is before 8:00, because my computer is in the room where my baby granddaughter is sleeping tonight and she goes to bed at 8:00. Please don't make me have to use the laptop. I don't like using laptops. I know, I know, I need to get with the times. I have the most difficult time trying to get a laptop to do what I want it to do.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #50

Ok it's now Monday, so curious minds what to know what show it was.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #51

I fear that the reality show police have her for posting that she was going to tell us on Sunday! I saw advertisements for new Survivor show and Amazing Race in 02/09. I hope that everything is going okay for you, Queeneev.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by queeneev View Post
thanks in advance for your support! Sorry, I can't give you the air date but I can tell you that Sunday night. Don't worry, you will have plenty of time to set your DVR's.
We're waaaaiting
Old 01-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #53

Hmm maybe we were thinking about the wrong type of reality shows. Maybe it was Cheaters (a must see to broaden your view of life) or Cops (can't post because is in jail).

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Hmm maybe we were thinking about the wrong type of reality shows. Maybe it was Cheaters (a must see to broaden your view of life) or Cops (can't post because is in jail).
Yeah, I wonder what are the top ten reasons members don't post for a day or so.

1) they were caught on "Cheaters";
2) they were caught on "Cops";
3) they are on their way to Hollywood on "American Idol";
4) boss restricted internet use;
5) spouse or SO restricted internet use;
6)
Old 01-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #55
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
Yeah, I wonder what are the top ten reasons members don't post for a day or so.
In the case of the OP, it's been a bit longer than that: queeneev Last Activity: 01-22-2009 07:27 PM (Eastern)

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #56

6. Watching 6 month old Granddaughter

I have not heard of a show called Cheaters.

I hope that everything is okay with Queeneev. I heard that Columbus was supposed to get 8 inches of snow. Hope there was not an accident.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, there was a network reality show on last night called "True Beauty" where the young hot contestants were paired with "senior citizens" up to 101 years old. Queeneev, was that you?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #58

Dreamer, if you haven't seen Cheaters I suggest you take 5 minutes out of your life to watch, because until I did I was clueless as to the existence of such people. I watched it once, and in that episode the host of the show (not sure it should actually be given that status) was stabbed by the Cheater. I can never work out where they get these people from.

Another few possibilities I have come up with are the following:

1. Rock of Love Bus with Brett Michaels
2. Bad Girls
3. Bridezilla
4. Charm School

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do for their 15 minutes of fame. However, before anyone gets too concerned about my viewing habits you should know I learnt of the existence of these shows by watching The Soup.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #59

I wouldn't even know when or where to watch it, but I don't like to watch violence, so probably not for me!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #60
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I fear that the reality show police have her for posting that she was going to tell us on Sunday!
Dreamer, it's possible that you are warmer than you think. I'm not a big tv fan but I do understand that reality contestants are pretty strictly held to a secrecy agreement until after a show airs. Could she have crossed a line with her posts?