Realpolitik - About Bush

Would You Vote for GW in 2008 (if he could run)

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 87 84.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe you voted for this idiot 2 TIMES.

He has to be the prick of 2 centuries.

He has to be the prick of 2 centuries.

I did not vote for the mangy varmint.

I agree with you, Old George W is an incompetent DUFUS, who has lead the U>S down a path of destruction. Let's see we attacked a country which was not a threat to the U>S and Osama Bin Laden who masterminded the 9/11 attacks is still running free making videos and laughing at the U>S thus he is making Old George W look like the biggest J A C K A $ $>:D that the world has ever known.

Old George W is a CAPON, who does not have the backbone or B A L L S to admit that his Iraq War policies have been a failure. Old George "THE DUFUSCIDER":duh: is just to dumb :duh:to know how to get his head out of his rear end. But through all of this the only ones who are being killed, wounded and maimed are OUR TROOPS and the IRAQI PEOPLE. He sure as H E L L did not go fight in Vietnam when he had a chance to defend his country but now he is quick to send others to die.

Last edited:
Although the office of President is very necessary. Just think of where we would be without it. It is also unfortunate that IMHO no matter who holds it (the office of President) they will be picked on and vilified from almost day one. It is really unfortunate that we now live in a country that no matter what happens or is said about a half of the country is for it and half is against it. We spend more time picking on each other than trying to get something accomplished, mainly because the half for and half against syndrome we seem to have been afflicted with not to mention the "me first" syndrome. America as a country is turning into a country of many different persuasions which, even as we fly more American flags, we cannot agree with one another on very many subjects much less get something accomplished that a majority will agree with.

Gosh I really dislike political discussions. See there I go joining; about one half of the country!

Oh, BTW, I did not vote in the poll!

Thankfully, we only get to make the same mistake twice due to term limits. You Canadians do have term limits for your leaders, don't you? ;)

Look at the history, it packed with men
What rising to de top and getting chopped again.
No one handed dem de secret of de whole damn thing
You gotta give de population something to sing

Idi, Idi, Idi Amin
Most amazing man there's ever been
He de General, de President, de King of de Scene
Idi, Idi, Idi Amin

Take Hitler, Stalin, Attila de Nun,
No-one got a good word for a single one.
Where these first class geniuses all going wrong
They never got the population singing along.

Idi, Idi, Idi Amin
Most amazing man there's ever been
He de General, de President, de King of de Scene
Idi, Idi, Idi Amin

Would the world famous Kampala Key Club mind staying in the damn background!

BANG!!

There! Three people more than enough for a quartet anyway...

Artist unknown... (heard years ago on Dr. Dimento show)

Although the office of President is very necessary. Just think of where we would be without it. It is also unfortunate that IMHO no matter who holds it (the office of President) they will be picked on and vilified from almost day one.
Oh, BTW, I did not vote in the poll!

The telling sign is that many Repubs are disillusioned with GW also... on many fronts. Spending, Illegal Immigration, War in Iraq, crappy Medicare part D, on and on.

He will rightfully be in office till 2008... but I will be glad to see him go.

At this point the holdouts are the hardcore far right... the people that always pull the party lever in an election no matter who is running or if they even know the issues or people running in an election. You know... the "I will repeat the party mantra until I am blue in the face" crowd!

Of course, there are there are the same folks in the other party (some subset) that would do the same if a dem was in office.

It is time for some to face facts... He is an example of what money can fund... not an example of brilliance, leadership, or much of anything else that would generally be considered outstanding.

I personally believe that GW has gotten us into something that is a real problem and we will be dealing with it for 20 years (Iraq). Including the payment of mucho denaro.

I think this mini-poll shows us how low his approval is in the toilet.... probably where it should be given his actions.

I'm curious. While there appears to be a handful of people who voted that they would re-elect Bush to a third term, no one so far has posted expressing a reason for doing so, or even an actual word of current support for the man.

Are the Bush 4-eva voters:
-shy?
-tongue-tied?
-just being contrary?

I'm just curious to know what real opinions people could hold that would indicate to them "George is all that and a bag of chips and I want him around for an extra term". But they are being coy!!!

It's not even a question of party affiliation; the poll also assumes choosing Bush again over any Republican contender. C'mon, y'all.. make the case.

It is about time that the rest of the U.S and the world are finally realizing what most of us in Texas already knew which is that Old George W is an incompetent DUFUS.

Ummmm, Wags. If most of you in Texas knew this, how did GW get elected for TWO terms as Texas Governor?

from wiki:
Bush declared his candidacy for the 1994 Texas gubernatorial election .... He won with 52 percent against Richards' 47 percent.

In 1998, Bush won re-election in a landslide victory with nearly 69 percent of the vote.

Methinks you are projecting your views on others. Hey, they may be the correct views, but they apparently are not the views of the majority of Texas voters. Unless that Richards guy was a Dufus among Dufus's?

-ERD50

Anne Richards was the quintessential Texan; W is just a drugstore cowboy... :p

I voted for GW twice, but since then have become seriously disillusioned with the man.

Iraq aside, I have Katrina-related issues that have turned me against him, profoundly.

I know so many people who don't consider their self interest when voting. Glad to see you will.

I know so many people who don't consider their self interest when voting. Glad to see you will.

Self interest? How do you figure that, given that I am one of the few here who had no flooding and did not lose my job?

Personally I think that anybody who had the slightest clue about what went on here would say exactly what I said, for the same reasons, no matter where they live. It breaks my heart.

The fact that you could make such a statement is a testament to the great quantities of misinformation floating about, in my opinion. I don't think you are an uncaring individual.

Last edited:
The telling sign is that many Repubs are disillusioned with GW also... on many fronts. Spending, Illegal Immigration, War in Iraq, crappy Medicare part D, on and on.

He will rightfully be in office till 2008... but I will be glad to see him go.

At this point the holdouts are the hardcore far right... the people that always pull the party lever in an election no matter who is running or if they even know the issues or people running in an election. You know... the "I will repeat the party mantra until I am blue in the face" crowd!

Of course, there are there are the same folks in the other party (some subset) that would do the same if a dem was in office.

It is time for some to face facts... He is an example of what money can fund... not an example of brilliance, leadership, or much of anything else that would generally be considered outstanding.

I personally believe that GW has gotten us into something that is a real problem and we will be dealing with it for 20 years (Iraq). Including the payment of mucho denaro.

I think this mini-poll shows us how low his approval is in the toilet.... probably where it should be given his actions.

History has shown that the US is very bad at leaving things alone in the world.........we always have to be "doing something"............

Self interest? How do you figure that, given that I am one of the few here who had no flooding and did not lose my job?

Personally I think that anybody who had the slightest clue about what went on here would say exactly what I said, for the same reasons, no matter where they live. It breaks my heart.

The fact that you could make such a statement is a testament to the great quantities of misinformation floating about, in my opinion. I don't think you are an uncaring individual.

I agree with everything you write here.

I think you are very caring; and that it is in your self-interest to care about your neighbors as you clearly do. Voting in my self-interest, I would vote to take care of victims of natural disasters near me as well as those far away.

My observation about others (not you) who vote against their self-interest has more to do with direct economic matters like, say, voting for someone who's main platform is cutting capital gains taxes when the voter has no capital gains. (simplistic example, I'm sure)

I agree with everything you write here.

I think you are very caring; and that it is in your self-interest to care about your neighbors as you clearly do. Voting in my self-interest, I would vote to take care of victims of natural disasters near me as well as those far away.

My observation about others (not you) who vote against their self-interest has more to do with direct economic matters like, say, voting for someone who's main platform is cutting capital gains taxes when the voter has no capital gains. (simplistic example, I'm sure)

Oh!! Thanks. I didn't understand what you were saying. Whew. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand correctly on message boards, where there is no facial expression or body language to accompany words.

Ummmm, Wags. If most of you in Texas knew this, how did GW get elected for TWO terms as Texas Governor?

from wiki:

Methinks you are projecting your views on others. Hey, they may be the correct views, but they apparently are not the views of the majority of Texas voters. Unless that Richards guy was a Dufus among Dufus's?

-ERD50

Most in Texas means exactly what I said, just look at what % of the people actually vote in local, state and national elections. It is very low I said most and I did not say ALL. Furthermore I was overseas serving my country when the varmint was voted in as the Governor of the GREAT STATE of TEXAS.

As for him being elected as Governor for two terms I guess the good people of Texas were BS'ed just like in the case where America ate up his lies, half truths, cooked intel, false intel, etc..., etc.... -WE ATE THEM HOOK, LINE AND SINKER - when we all went along for the ride when the U>S attacked Iraq. And I guess it is safe to say that some in America are still eating up his sweet lies.

As for projecting my views that's what all of us do when we post on this forumn.

As for the GREAT Ann Richards if Old George W was half the woman she was he might just be a person that would have fought in Vietnam when he had a chance to - instead the varmint chose to cry and wine so that his daddy could pull some strings to keep him out of the line of fire.

Presidents do not need to serve in combat or in the military but they do need to use common sense when making decisions that affect the lives and deaths of those they send to fight their WARS.

Most in Texas means exactly what I said, just look at what % of the people actually vote in local, state and national elections. It is very low I said most and I did not say ALL. Furthermore I was overseas serving my country when the varmint was voted in as the Governor of the GREAT STATE of TEXAS.

As for him being elected as Governor for two terms I guess the good people of Texas were BS'ed just like in the case where America ate up his lies, half truths, cooked intel, false intel, etc..., etc.... -WE ATE THEM HOOK, LINE AND SINKER - when we all went along for the ride when the U>S attacked Iraq. And I guess it is safe to say that some in America are still eating up his sweet lies.

As for projecting my views that's what all of us do when we post on this forumn.

As for the GREAT Ann Richards if Old George W was half the woman she was he might just be a person that would have fought in Vietnam when he had a chance to - instead the varmint chose to cry and wine so that his daddy could pull some strings to keep him out of the line of fire.

Presidents do not need to serve in combat or in the military but they do need to use common sense when making decisions that affect the lives and deaths of those they send to fight their WARS.

We ate them hook line and sinker??

Not me. I did not vote for him in 00 or 04, I knew he was a bum, a golden boy. A nobody but for his father.America has no real leaders. Now the republicans want FRED THOMPSON?!?! that my friends is as sorry a politician that I have ever seen.

Oh!! Thanks. I didn't understand what you were saying. Whew. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand correctly on message boards, where there is no facial expression or body language to accompany words.

This is why most of my posts end with :p...

So that no one takes them too seriously!!

This is why most of my posts end with :p...

So that no one takes them too seriously!!

Knowing me, I'd probably wonder what the :p REALLY meant and get just as mixed up!! Oh well. I try. :)

It's really amazing to me how much of my daily (in person) communication is actually non-verbal. I never realized how much I "read" body language, until the internet became part of my life.

I am so :confused:ed. Spin spin spin: Its not about oil. Everyone knew it was about oil.... But then I really don't want to get political here. But but money is political. :p

We ate them hook line and sinker??

Not me. I did not vote for him in 00 or 04, I knew he was a bum, a golden boy. A nobody but for his father.America has no real leaders. Now the republicans want FRED THOMPSON?!?! that my friends is as sorry a politician that I have ever seen.

BooBooBear I apologize for grouping you in with SOME of the rest of America.

I myself have never voted for Old George W. As for the person who spoke bad of the GREAT Ann Richards one should not speak ill of the departed.

It was Ann Richards who stated that Old George W was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. :(

It was Ann Richards who stated that Old George W was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. :([/quote]

Actually, I think the spoon was in his nose.:cool:

The poll was not intended to be a Democrat vs Republican face off. It is about GW's performance.

I think Thompson is a fairly level headed guy. He has good professional credentials. He has political experience. He has the name recognition to be a real contender.

My concern about him is more related to his health. His cancer is in remission ( I do wish him well ). Apparently he had non-Hodgkins lymphoma. It seems to have a fairly high survival rate if caught early.

Anyway, if Fred makes it through the primary, I will have to be somewhat comfortable with his VP choice to consider voting for him.

Of course, I am an independent... I might decide to vote for a democrat if they are more toward the center.

?? wow! chinaco.. I would vote for Romney over Thompson in a heartbeat. One's a real fake; the other's a fake fake. Look into what Thompson has actually ever done (nothing!).

Still waiting on the third-Bush-termers to come up with the goods! Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom