Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Would You Vote for GW in 2008 (if he could run)
Thumbs Up 16 15.53%
Thumbs Down 87 84.47%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Ummmm, Wags. If most of you in Texas knew this, how did GW get elected for TWO terms as Texas Governor?

from wiki:

Methinks you are projecting your views on others. Hey, they may be the correct views, but they apparently are not the views of the majority of Texas voters. Unless that Richards guy was a Dufus among Dufus's?

-ERD50
Most in Texas means exactly what I said, just look at what % of the people actually vote in local, state and national elections. It is very low I said most and I did not say ALL. Furthermore I was overseas serving my country when the varmint was voted in as the Governor of the GREAT STATE of TEXAS.

As for him being elected as Governor for two terms I guess the good people of Texas were BS'ed just like in the case where America ate up his lies, half truths, cooked intel, false intel, etc..., etc.... -WE ATE THEM HOOK, LINE AND SINKER - when we all went along for the ride when the U>S attacked Iraq. And I guess it is safe to say that some in America are still eating up his sweet lies.

As for projecting my views that's what all of us do when we post on this forumn.

As for the GREAT Ann Richards if Old George W was half the woman she was he might just be a person that would have fought in Vietnam when he had a chance to - instead the varmint chose to cry and wine so that his daddy could pull some strings to keep him out of the line of fire.

Presidents do not need to serve in combat or in the military but they do need to use common sense when making decisions that affect the lives and deaths of those they send to fight their WARS.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #42
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Most in Texas means exactly what I said, just look at what % of the people actually vote in local, state and national elections. It is very low I said most and I did not say ALL. Furthermore I was overseas serving my country when the varmint was voted in as the Governor of the GREAT STATE of TEXAS.

As for him being elected as Governor for two terms I guess the good people of Texas were BS'ed just like in the case where America ate up his lies, half truths, cooked intel, false intel, etc..., etc.... -WE ATE THEM HOOK, LINE AND SINKER - when we all went along for the ride when the U>S attacked Iraq. And I guess it is safe to say that some in America are still eating up his sweet lies.

As for projecting my views that's what all of us do when we post on this forumn.

As for the GREAT Ann Richards if Old George W was half the woman she was he might just be a person that would have fought in Vietnam when he had a chance to - instead the varmint chose to cry and wine so that his daddy could pull some strings to keep him out of the line of fire.

Presidents do not need to serve in combat or in the military but they do need to use common sense when making decisions that affect the lives and deaths of those they send to fight their WARS.

We ate them hook line and sinker??

Not me. I did not vote for him in 00 or 04, I knew he was a bum, a golden boy. A nobody but for his father.America has no real leaders. Now the republicans want FRED THOMPSON?!?! that my friends is as sorry a politician that I have ever seen.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Oh!! Thanks. I didn't understand what you were saying. Whew. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand correctly on message boards, where there is no facial expression or body language to accompany words.
This is why most of my posts end with ...

So that no one takes them too seriously!!

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 09-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
This is why most of my posts end with ...

So that no one takes them too seriously!!
Knowing me, I'd probably wonder what the REALLY meant and get just as mixed up!! Oh well. I try.

It's really amazing to me how much of my daily (in person) communication is actually non-verbal. I never realized how much I "read" body language, until the internet became part of my life.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

I am so :confused:ed. Spin spin spin: Its not about oil. Everyone knew it was about oil.... But then I really don't want to get political here. But but money is political.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooBear View Post
We ate them hook line and sinker??

Not me. I did not vote for him in 00 or 04, I knew he was a bum, a golden boy. A nobody but for his father.America has no real leaders. Now the republicans want FRED THOMPSON?!?! that my friends is as sorry a politician that I have ever seen.
BooBooBear I apologize for grouping you in with SOME of the rest of America.

I myself have never voted for Old George W. As for the person who spoke bad of the GREAT Ann Richards one should not speak ill of the departed.

It was Ann Richards who stated that Old George W was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #47
Dryer sheet aficionado

It was Ann Richards who stated that Old George W was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. [/quote]

Actually, I think the spoon was in his nose.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

The poll was not intended to be a Democrat vs Republican face off. It is about GW's performance.

I think Thompson is a fairly level headed guy. He has good professional credentials. He has political experience. He has the name recognition to be a real contender.

My concern about him is more related to his health. His cancer is in remission ( I do wish him well ). Apparently he had non-Hodgkins lymphoma. It seems to have a fairly high survival rate if caught early.

Anyway, if Fred makes it through the primary, I will have to be somewhat comfortable with his VP choice to consider voting for him.

Of course, I am an independent... I might decide to vote for a democrat if they are more toward the center.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #49
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

?? wow! chinaco.. I would vote for Romney over Thompson in a heartbeat. One's a real fake; the other's a fake fake. Look into what Thompson has actually ever done (nothing!).

Still waiting on the third-Bush-termers to come up with the goods! Why?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #50
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It was Ann Richards who stated that Old George W was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltrees View Post

Actually, I think the spoon was in his nose.
Although it is against my better judgment to participate in politics and religion threads, my accuracy gene forces me to point out Anne Richards' quote was:

"Poor George. He can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."
Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
......... Everyone knew it was about oil.... .

Yea, how come we never got to steal the oil ?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #52
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
?? wow! chinaco.. I would vote for Romney over Thompson in a heartbeat. One's a real fake; the other's a fake fake. Look into what Thompson has actually ever done (nothing!).
I am keeping an open mind.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Although it is against my better judgment to participate in politics and religion threads, my accuracy gene forces me to point out Anne Richards' quote was:

"Poor George. He can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."
Thank you REWahoo for the assistance on correcting the quote by the GREAT Ann Richards.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
No...... that's what YOU do. Please speak for yourself only.
Quote:

As for the GREAT Ann Richards if Old George W was half the woman she was
If George was half the woman Ann Richards was, he'd have to spread his legs and squat when he visited the cemetary to pee on her grave!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
No...... that's what YOU do. Please speak for yourself only.

If George was half the woman Ann Richards was, he'd have to spread his legs and squat when he visited the cemetary to pee on her grave!
Youbet, you just expressed a view and an opinion. But you know what they say about opinions/views they are just like a particular part of the body we all have one. So just take a moment and calm down.

Hopefully you are not one of the 30% or so left in America, that still think that Old George W is a H E L L of a commander in chief and a WAR TIME HERO. Or maybe you are part the small majority that stay think Iraq attacked us on 9/11 and thus we had a right to attack them.

As for your comment about Old George W peeing on the GREAT Ann Richard's grave that is just in poor taste and the rants of a person who does not have respect for the dead . GROW UP and be a MAN or a WOMAN.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

hey hey hey HEY! Keep it civil! I guess I started this mess so I suppose I need to speak up.

Keep the vitriolic comments to others on the board to yourself.

This is about GW's performance not you or your party affiliation.

Obviously this is a hot button for the far right. Those folks will never see past the basic party line. Even the conservative talk show host are criticizing GW on a number of issues. By the way, those talk show guys are just cheer leaders to keep the die hards party members in line, fired up, and not defecting... same goes on the liberal side. Just so you know, those talk show hosts are not there to convert people, rather to keep the faithful seduced with rhetoric... get the vote out!

Look at it like this. Let's say GW was the CEO of a corporation that you invested your life savings in... would you want him at the the helm (think analogy) based on his performance.

I suspect that if most people could remove their political biases, few would say NO.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaco View Post
Look at it like this. Let's say GW was the CEO of a corporation that you invested your life savings in... would you want him at the the helm (think analogy) based on his performance.

I suspect that if most people could remove their political biases, few would say NO.
Are you SURE you meant to write "few would say no" to Bush as CEO of their company

Urk.
Arbusto, Harken, Caterair

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capit...s?bid=3&pid=82
http://www.iht.com/articles/2002/08/...atius_ed3_.php
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...bush073099.htm

I think I'd hire Ken Lay (RIP) sooner than George W.
From what I can tell, W has never done one successful independent thing.
Ever.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:59 AM   #58

Gosh, those articles changed my vote. Previously, I would have said NO, NO, NO.

But reading them objectively rather than with a preconceived hatred of the man himself, I see a guy with a fledgling business Spectrum 7, having difficulty because oil had plummeted to $9. Not because he was a poor executive.

Read this quote from the article:
"As an oilman, Bush always worked hard, winning a reputation as a straight-shooter and a good boss who was witty, warm and immensely likable. Even the investors who lost money in his ventures remained admirers, and some of them are now raising money for his presidential campaign."

Then a greedy business gobbler (Soros) is foolish enough to buy the company for whatever ulterior motives and Bush gets a good deal. How can W be blamed in that exchange. Save the venom for Soros.

Then George gets a cushy job on the Carterair board (not CEO) and leaves due to an overzealous, dictatorial CEO.

In the end he parlayed almost nothing into ownership of my beloved Texas Rangers.

The man is a genius. But I'm still voting for Hillary.

So now I vote YES, YES, YES.

I may hire him to promote my new book: "The Loons: Characters from an ER board."
Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 AM   #59

OAP, you can say certain situations were reasonable and not his "fault". But the point is, even if he wasn't a Horrible manager, he certainly didn't excel or shine. His "genius" was in parlaying "nothing" (nothing except lots of propping up moneywise leveraging Daddy's good name) into owning the Rangers? Yeah, every kid on my block growing up had that same opportunity for "genius".. Barf.

That WaPo quote was a hoot!!! You know you've got yerself some liberal media when people can write with a straight face that a guy lost people money yet these folks still admire him! Can this be true? I want names and direct quotes. I want to know there's no quid pro quo. Hmph. Admire away!!!
Realpolitik- about bush
Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #60

Realpolitik- about bush

I would not hire Old George W to run any company and that would include him being the city dogcatcher of any small community.

One only has to look at his mis-management of the Iraq War and at his failed policies as it pertains to that WAR, to get a picture of just how incompetent Old George W truly is. How many more of OUR TROOPS and of the Iraqi people have to be killed, wounded and maimed before he gets the message that it is time to end the Iraq War? Sadamm and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, he did not have WMD's, he did not have the capability to nuke (as Rice alluded to) the US, he was not a threat to the U>S, the intel was cooked and flawed, etc.., etc.... Wake up America Old George W lied to us and some were dumb enough to swallow them HOOK, LINE and SINKER.

For the advocators of WAR and supporters of Old George W let's just hope that he does not attack Syria, Iran or any other country that does NOT agree with his way of thinking. Because if that happens guest what the DRAFT will become a reality and than we will see just how many of his supporters will be willing to go pay the ultimate price of going to fight in his WARS. Will most of his supporters cry and wine for multiple deferments like Cheney, Rudy G and Rove? Or just maybe they have a daddy that WILL pull some strings to keep them out of the line of fire and out of harm's way.

If I speak out of turn I ask for some understanding because my only concern is for the well being of OUR TROOPS, OUR FALLEN TROOPS, OUR VETERANS, THEIR FAMILIES AND THE IRAQI PEOPLE.
Closed Thread