Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Received Q4 Reward cc Reminders?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Received Q4 Reward cc Reminders?

Just wondering whether you received e-mail reminders to make your Q4 rewards elections/selections? Normally I receive them from all relevant cards like clockwork......Discover, Chase Freedom, US Bank........this quarter,deadly silence from all 3 cards. Are they just picking on me or everyone?
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2015, 10:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
Just wondering whether you received e-mail reminders to make your Q4 rewards elections/selections? Normally I receive them from all relevant cards like clockwork......Discover, Chase Freedom, US Bank........this quarter,deadly silence from all 3 cards. Are they just picking on me or everyone?
I got a notice from Chase Freedom last week about this. Did you forget to send them a Christmas Card, or something
Old 09-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yes, what, did you not pay them any interest this year?
I did get the notice, but I did see that the enrollment site was a little glitchy, at least for me. So maybe there was an issue (at least with Chase Freedom).

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Got a Chase Freedom notice by e-mail today that I can redeem my whopping $5 bucks reward money (you can see I'm a big credit card user). Usually wait until the end of the year, then call them on the phone and have the $ credited to my account. Usually get about $75 a year, so what's not to like about free money?
Payin-the-Toll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I combine points on Freedom, DH's Ink, and my Sapphire for points that transfer to a bunch of airlines and hotels. We get free flights and rooms!
I am not excited about the categories for this upcoming quarter, though. I only buy from Amazon, and I have a store card that gets 5% already.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I combine points on Freedom, DH's Ink, and my Sapphire for points that transfer to a bunch of airlines and hotels. We get free flights and rooms!
I am not excited about the categories for this upcoming quarter, though. I only buy from Amazon, and I have a store card that gets 5% already.
Amazon Store card might give 5% rebate but using Freedom and combining the points to the Sapphire Preferred means 6.25% if used for travel.
hnzw_rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnzw_rui View Post
Amazon Store card might give 5% rebate but using Freedom and combining the points to the Sapphire Preferred means 6.25% if used for travel.
OR, connect the Chase Freedom card to your Amazon account and use the points to buy stuff. But my all time favorite is to build up the points and take a statement credit. Gives me plenty of opportunity to engage in mental accounting to justify my expenses! "See that new gizmo I just charged will be $150 cheaper after I apply the statement credit!"

Rita
Old 10-01-2015, 05:47 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Good points! I was thinking about this yesterday, and I think I will ditch the store card while the promo is going on for Freedom. Thanks!