Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #1181
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Beautiful pictures, Laurence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurence View Post
Yeeps, only three per post? The others:

Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #1182

Beautiful couple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa99 View Post
Counting the days until we can take off on a last minute cruise instead of having to plan a year in advance!
Although post-retirement suits and ties will probably not exist!

Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #1183

Not sure if I should post a picture of myself. Too afraid someone will recognize me :-)
Old 03-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #1184

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrine View Post
Here is mine...
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #1185
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Here is mine...

Babelicious, Citrine!

Ha
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #1186

Great pic Citrine! You look awesomely happy!

And wow Laurence, those pictures of the girls make me feel old! I also remember your poll! Thy are beautiful and I am so happy for you!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #1187

Great pics everyone! And Laurence I feel old looking at those pics, too - from another old-timer as well. They are such cutie pies.

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #1188

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
Not sure if I should post a picture of myself. Too afraid someone will recognize me :-)
Are you in witness protection or something?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #1189

No :-) I just would prefer not to take any risk of someone recognizing me. I have already shared a lot of personal information on this website. Where is your picture, Utrecht ? :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post

Are you in witness protection or something?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #1190

What a bunch of lovely pictures, Laurence, Lisa and Citrine!!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #1191
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa99 View Post
Counting the days until we can take off on a last minute cruise instead of having to plan a year in advance!
Although post-retirement suits and ties will probably not exist!
You DH looks suspiciously like Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jonathan frakes.jpg (7.6 KB, 435 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

You DH looks suspiciously like Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Wow, he does a little.

I showed him your comment...he said if he was really him he'd have been retired years ago!

Make it so Number One!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #1193
gone traveling

Here's ours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lake_Travis.jpg (51.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #1194
Recycles dryer sheets

KC3_1.jpg

You asked for more ladies' photos--here I am, proud Mom, with my son and daughter-in-law.
My son is a CHP officer (yes a Chippie on a motorcycle), and he had just won the CHP officer of the year from the local Knights of Columbus.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTravis View Post
Here's ours.
Cool pic! Anyplace near Hippie Hollow?

I lived in & around Austin for about 15 yrs. (81-96).
Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #1196
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenfun View Post
Attachment 16118

You asked for more ladies' photos--here I am, proud Mom, with my son and daughter-in-law.
My son is a CHP officer (yes a Chippie on a motorcycle), and he had just won the CHP officer of the year from the local Knights of Columbus.
Hey, it's my neighbor!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #1197
Recycles dryer sheets

Hippie Hollow now that brings back memories. I was there 84-98. The Oasis on Lake Travis burned down. It was rebuilt even bigger and in the winter has an outdoor skating rink. Many good times there as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #1198
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
Cool pic! Anyplace near Hippie Hollow?

I lived in & around Austin for about 15 yrs. (81-96).

Pretty close - that was taken by helicopter when we were around Windy Point headed towards Devils Cove.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #1199

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTravis View Post
Pretty close - that was taken by helicopter when we were around Windy Point headed towards Devils Cove.
Picture a naive young man, raised in a small town in North Carolina. Pulled into the parking lot, got out of my car, spot a sign welcoming me to Travis County Park so & so..."Clothing Optional"! lol....yep, I wasn't in podunk anymore!

Also...when I first moved to Austin, it was completely legal to drink & drive in Texas. You couldn't be DRUNK & drive, but drinking was legal. I remember sitting at a red light in Austin, on Ben White Blvd, in my car, sipping on a beer with my brother-in-law, looking over at the Austin City Police car stopped next to us, & exchanging waves with the 2 cops in the car. The light changes, we all drive away. Hard to imagine now, huh?

A few months after the law changed, I got pulled over by the cops while driving & eating an ice cream cone...he said he though I had a beer in my hand! Wow!

Last thing...also in my early days in Austin, Zilker Park down by Barton Springs (an Austin City Park right in town) allowed topless sunbathing. I thought I'd died & gone to heaven!

Ah, the good old days! Way too much traffic for me in Austin now. I lived mostly in south Austin. The last few years out in Bastrop.

I used to fish Lakes Travis, Austin, Canyon, Buchanan, Bastrop, Fayette County...etc. Also lots of time on the Colorado & Pedernales rivers.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #1200
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Here is mine...

Stunning..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote