Re: Red State Views
Old 06-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Dood
Is there a separate thread for people who think that both Bush and Clinton are morons without much integrity, and they're not worth defending?

I mean, come on, they are politicians!

Hmmm, I find it hard to think of Clinton as a moron. Duplicitous, overly slick and with policies that didn't appeal to everyone, but not dumb.
Oh right... Sorry, I forgot, he's only a moron when compared to a Super Genius like me. The rest of you, you'll have to figure out your own thing.....

Quote:
Bush, by comparison, seems to be in the category of "he's moron, but dammit, he's OUR moron!" :
I dunno, they're all politicians... sure, Clinton's smarter than Bush, but they're still both vile.
Cool Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I dunno, they're all politicians... sure, Clinton's smarter than Bush, but they're still both vile.
No argument from me, there. The thing I disliked the most about Clinton was the executive branch power grab once he was in office. Pretty much every President has done the same thing, but it doesn't get any less repugnant with repetition.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
You have to love the Left! Remember, when Clinton was in office it "wasn't fair" to criticize a sitting president.
Some brand new history.
razztazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #24

Quote:
We're just making up for 8 years of cheap shots at Clinton when he was president.
And that was while he was doing a great job and didn't get too many people killed to boot.

so let's see,

Clinton = did a great job, great economy, lied about a private matter that got no one killed except millions of sperms. Yeh I know, all those wasted 1/2 lives.
Bush = doing terrible job, poor economy, lied (or was irresponsibly misinformed) about a national matter (WMD) that has got and continues to get, many people killed.

Yeh i'd take Bush everytime but then again, I have been known to be suicidal too.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Hmm, I guess I find it hard to credit any particular president for an economy. They don't actually have that much control, IMO. I think all we can expect is reasonable reactions to recessions and inflation (got the former under Bush - the correct reaction) and not to leave the public till stuffed with too many IOUs. On the economic side, I think the deficit and debt are the biggest black marks on Bush thus far.

- George Orwell

Old 06-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, but cheap shots are ok against president Bush?

I see how it works now :
We're just making up for 8 years of cheap shots at Clinton when he was president plus 6 years' worth after he retired.
You have to love the Left! Remember, when Clinton was in office it "wasn't fair" to criticize a sitting president. Now that he's out of office we can't criticize him because he's not the sitting president.

All I can say is wow.
What are you talking about? - He actually was impeached by right wing zealots for lying about an affair! By those standards Bush should now be in prison!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #27

Cut-Throat--As the nation's chief law enforcement officer Clinton should have been thrown in jail for the obvious lie under oath.* I would have to spend 5 years in prison if I committed perjury and I would not be allowed to be in law enforcement ever again.

As far as president Bush goes, he might have lied, but he might have been misinformed.* It can't be proved either way, so get over it.* Since even Bill "the god" Clinton believed Iraq had MWD's, I would tend to believe the latter.*

Vagabond-Clinton did more to harm national security than anyone since the Viet Nam war.* He showed the terrorists that all you have to do is kill a couple of American and we will go home, look at Somalia.* Once you lose the initiative it is very difficult to get it back.* Not only do we have to get the initiative back, we must prove we will do what is necessary to win the war.* The terrorists want sheep, they want the easy target.* If you prove to them that you are a hard target they will leave you alone.* I doubt this country has the will power to prove to the bad people of the world that we have what it takes to be a hard target.* You don't believe me go the the bad part of town and act like a coward.* You'll be beaten and robbed quickly.* Go to a different town's bad part and act like you fear nothing.* You will be left alone.

To the Original Poster--Have you ever noticed how the media always quote the dumbest people around. Look at the aftermath of a tornado. Normally the people interviewed share a common brain between about five people. I would have a tendency to think this is the cse in this situation, looking at the media source. It is rather left leaning.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Way to pound out those Fox "News"/Republican party talking points, lets.

- George Orwell

Old 06-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #29

Quote:
C'mon, like you don't ever hammer away at New York Times "truths."
Cool Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire
* You don't believe me go the the bad part of town and act like a coward.* You'll be beaten and robbed quickly.* Go to a different town's bad part and act like you fear nothing.* You will be left alone.
Really? Gee, we went to IRAQ (bad part of town), acted liked we feared nothing (Remember "Bring 'em on"?)...have the soldiers in IRAQ been *left alone?

>>Vagabond-Clinton did more to harm national security than anyone since the Viet Nam war.

Really: How many Americans where killed by terrorists under Clinton? How about Bush?

>>Have you ever noticed how the media always quote the dumbest people around. *Look at the aftermath of a tornado. *Normally the people interviewed share a common brain between about five people.

Yea...and they are usually living in a trailer in a red state...

farmerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #31

Quote:
I know it's hard to believe that people can learn from their experiences instead of listening to a few congressmen/representatives to form their opinions. *I sweated, bled and cursed enough through training and actual operations to know these points are correct and they are mine from personal experience.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
C'mon, like you don't ever hammer away at New York Times "truths."
Uh, not that I am aware. You'll note that the thread I (unfortunately) started about reports of US military personnel killing civilians didn't include a condemnation or statement that there was solid proof it had happened (though I suspect it has happened repeatedly due to the nature of the situation).

You bring up an interesting point, though. No matter how independent we may believe we are in our beliefs, the influence of the media is pretty pervasive.

- George Orwell

Old 06-05-2006, 03:12 PM   #33

Really? Gee, we went to IRAQ (bad part of town), acted liked we feared nothing (Remember "Bring 'em on"?)...have the soldiers in IRAQ been *left alone?

>>Vagabond-Clinton did more to harm national security than anyone since the Viet Nam war.

Really: How many Americans where killed by terrorists under Clinton? How about Bush?

>>Have you ever noticed how the media always quote the dumbest people around. *Look at the aftermath of a tornado. *Normally the people interviewed share a common brain between about five people.

You forgot the second half of my statement...we must prove we will do what is required to win. *Until that happens we are still viewed as a soft target. *Remember going ot the bad part of town they don't know you and you just have to maintain. *Once you get robbed and beaten up it is much more difficut to overcome that problem. *Clinton let us get beaten up in Somolia.

When were the plans drawn up and the people trained to attack the towers? *It all stems from projecting an unwillingness to complete a job if it requires a the death of a few Americans.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMcDonald

Ah, the left's other favorite tactic. When all else fails, just characterize conservatives as uneducated morons.
saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire
When were the plans drawn up and the people trained to attack the towers? *It all stems from projecting an unwillingness to complete a job if it requires a the death of a few Americans.
Bullshit. *You are talking about trying to protect an unprotectable target at a time (pre 9/11) when people were much less willing to surrender their civil liberties than many of us seem to be today. *The attack on 9/11 stemmed from a bunch of radical fundamentalists being willing to trade their lives for Merkin lives and getting through the net. *The same thing (a successful attack of some sort) could easily happen again. *It is just a matter of time and there is little the gummint can really do about it besides make it tougher for these things to succeed. *The US is too open and too large a target. *Interfering in other sovereign nations' affairs without the cooperation of the est of the world will just exacerbate the problem.

But I am genuinely curious: what do you think is a successful course of action for the US in Iraq? *Aside from "staying", what do you think needs to be done and can it realistically be accomplished? *I have to say that I don't really see any way it can end well, although I would love for it to turn out OK.

- George Orwell

Old 06-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Ah, the left's other favorite tactic.* When all else fails, just characterize conservatives as uneducated morons.*
Well, gosh, they just make it so easy, starting with the president and working on down...

- George Orwell

Old 06-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Quote:

Ah, the left's other favorite tactic. When all else fails, just characterize conservatives as uneducated morons.
Well, gosh, they just make it so easy, starting with the president and working on down...
According to the rules relating to political disagreements on the internet it is now appropriate to post the following

BTW: Brewer, I respect your opinion so I'm not calling you a hippie

Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #38

Nothing wrong with Hippies - They got us out of Vietnam and they never wanted us in Iraq. So far they are batting 1000 percent!

I say go with the Hippies! 8)
Old 06-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Nothing wrong with Hippies - They got us out of Vietnam and they never wanted us in Iraq. So far they are batting 1000 percent!

I say go with the Hippies! 8)
Wonder what they thought about WWI and WWII

although I'm sure they had a different name for them back then
Old 06-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by setab
. .
So you can stereotype "red state" people, call them "deep thinkers" and make fun of their opinions and suggest that anyone that feels that way is a "moron," but those aren't "cheap shots, they are thoughtful comments.* . . .
But I didn't do any of those things.
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote