Religious Knowledge Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I'm not trying to introduce a thread that creates a religious squabble here, but I thought that this general interest quiz about religion was interesting. I scored a 15/15, but do not consider myself a very religious person.

I checked the rules/regs here and it does not appear to break any of them. If not appropriate, please delete and banish me to the corner.:angel:

U.S. Religious Knowledge Quiz

15/15, and I am a flaming non-believer. A couple were guesses.

15/15, and I am a flaming non-believer. A couple were guesses.

I also hit 15/15. The only one I wasn't sure of was one of the Supreme Court and school questions.

Ha

15/15
Only had to stop and think for a few.

6/15 Better than I expected. I think I only knew 2 or 3 the rest were guesses.

15/15. I must say, nothing in the Pew study surprises me. Depressing, certainly. But not surprising.

I got 14/15 which surprised me because I had a mental block against my religious education.

I think the world would be a better place without religions.

OK, who knew 'The First Great Awakening' without guessing?

14/15, and that was the one I got wrong. The only one of those three that was familiar to me was Billy Graham. I am very non-religious.

Comparative Religions (including atheism and agnosticism) was one of my favorite classes in college. So many religions, there's something for everyone!

I got 14/15--got Ramadan wrong :banghead:.

Amazing how competitive we are for early retirees - folks that have supposedly given up the rat race. I've noticed this with many of the quizzes posted here. Perhaps it's just an excuse on my part for never getting 100% on the tests;).

13/15 here -- missed the Jewish Sabbath and Great Awakening questions. I think there must be a moral or message in how well or poorly someone or other scores. But ... what is it?

8/15! And one of the 8 was a guess. Well, I'm right there with the typical american.

14/15, but two were guesses. I'm an agnostic, but atheist for practical purposes.

Despite fifteen years of Catholic school I only scored a ten . My Mother would be so sad !

Despite fifteen years of Catholic school I only scored a ten . My Mother would be so sad !
Don't feel alone:

Researchers from the independent Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life phoned more than 3,400 Americans and asked them 32 questions about the Bible, Christianity and other world religions, famous religious figures and the constitutional principles governing religion in public life.

On average, people who took the survey answered half the questions incorrectly, and many flubbed even questions about their own faith.

Those who scored the highest were atheists and agnostics, as well as two religious minorities: Jews and Mormons. The results were the same even after the researchers controlled for factors like age and racial differences.
Can You Pass a Basic Religion Test? - NYTimes.com

Got 10 out of 15 correct.

I love pop quizes. Makes me feel like I'm back in grade school.......

OK, who knew 'The First Great Awakening' without guessing?

Knew it cold, thanks to one of the great Teaching Company courses I took a few years ago.

An easy 15/15 for me.
Of course, that seems to be expected, since I've moved over the years from Catholic to Deist to my devout agnosticism today.

Born Jewish, never religious, but an atheist since age 12, I was surprised I got as many as 9 right! Made some good guesses LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom