Join Early Retirement Today

Rental-Grade Kitchen Cabinets
Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Rental-Grade Kitchen Cabinets

For those of you that manage rentals or have some do-it yourself knowhow...

I have a rental house that has had some water damage to the kitchen cabinets. I will need to replace a number of the ground-level cabinets. My bids to date have been very very high.

So my question for the forum is...

How would you go about replacing the kitchen cabinets and not pay an arm and a leg. These cabinets do not have to be perfect. They only have to be functional. Where would you shop for apartment-grade cabinets ? How would you pick someone to replace them ?
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Rental-Grade Kitchen Cabinets
Old 10-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
Dryer sheet wannabe

It's not too hard to diy kitchen cabinets, especially if the ones you're replacing are fairly standard. The bottoms are easier than the uppers. I bought good looking but fairly inexpensive ones for my rental unit from Lowe's. They were better than the home depot cheapies because they were pre-built. They also have countertops pre-made in standard sizes. Good luck.
webbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via AIM to yelnad Send a message via Yahoo to yelnad

We get them from "Just Cabinets" for our rentals.