Join Early Retirement Today
Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by GatorBuzz View Post
I hate to admit it, given the context of this thread, but I worked for a rental car company after college. What a miserable experience. The policies and procedures of the company were ludicrous, the customers frequently pissed off about everything, and you had to wash, by hand, in the summer in Charleston, South Carolina, in a TIE, the cars as they were returned. .

Gotta be Enterprise. I often admire the way Enterprise works thier fresh outta college employees, at least the franchise near where I live which I use if my car is in the shop. The customer service reps do EVERYTHING, so its just a matter of how management rewards or abuses thier effort. I think thier policies vary from franchise to franchise more than the other rental companies.

jazz4cash is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My SIL worked for Enterprise right out of college and got his fill of scut work, management pressure to sell overpriced Collision Damage Waiver coverage, and angry customers. He found a novel way to "seek other opportunities" when he complained repeatedly to his dad about how much he hated the job.

His dad was a barber, who related the story of how bad Enterprise treated it's employees and customers while cutting hair. Turns out the guy in the chair was an Enterprise VP who terminated my SIL the following day.

Some haircut, eh?

Numbers is hard.

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets
Hmm ... did the VP ever come back to the barber shop? If so, does he still have both his ears?

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised." -- Kathryn Janeway
VoyT is offline   Reply With Quote