Renting a house in retirement

utrecht

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There have been discussions in the past related to getting credit or buying / renting a house with no job. We are going thru the process right now so I thought I would let y'all know how it went.

We sold our house in Texas and are about to move to Florida. DW is there now and found a house to rent. We are moving on July 4th. The application was done online. It asked for our monthly income. We entered the amount that we draw monthly. Once she entered "retired" as our occupations, it asked for us to take pics of bank and / or investment account statements and upload the pics. We weren't all that comfortable with that but I don't think we really had a choice since we have no W-2s.

We took pics of our bank statement which has a large amount of cash from the sale of our house and our 457 statements. We also took a pic of my pension statement. Between our credit being very good and our investment account balances, we were approved quickly with no problems.

How is your recovery from surgery going? Do you have a little more peace of mind about the upcoming drive with the rental truck? Good Luck with all the moving parts and the stress.

We had a similar experience with the ease of the lease.

However, we did not pay attention to some State laws until near the lease signing which caused concern by the landlord who must of thought we were trying to pass a fast one. In CT, people over 60 (don't hold me to that exact age) only need to provide one month security deposit. Landlord wanted two months. It's been years since we leased and never in CT. Next time, I will simply do a little more research so concerns do not arise so late in the process.

How is your recovery from surgery going? Do you have a little more peace of mind about the upcoming drive with the rental truck? Good Luck with all the moving parts and the stress.

Its getting better very slowly. Like 1-2% better every day. That seems very slow but over a few weeks it adds up. At this point its good enough that I'm pretty sure Ill be able to make the drive with DW. Thanks for asking:)

When I went for a check-up 10 days ago, the doc said that thinner people like me have a tougher time because the disc inflammation has nowhere to go but into the spine where all the nerves are. He also said that the longer you have pain and numbness in your leg before surgery, the longer it takes to for it to go away after surgery. I had serious pain and numbness for 4 months before surgery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom