Reordering Checks

Bram

Recycles dryer sheets
Mine have lasted for yearsss with the advent of online bill pay. So now it's getting time to reorder. Looks like the company my bank deals with charges $25 (for 200, I think) & they may or may not have a "discount" when I get to the "check-out" page.

In the past I had always ordered thru a company myself rather than go thru the bank as it was always cheaper. So, I'm looking for recommendations from your experiences with refilling your check supplies.

Thanks!

You can get some nice designs fairly cheaply at Walmart.com. I'm sure there are many others too.

Costco.com has some good prices and good service. Extra discount if you are an Exec. Member. This might be your last order of paper checks :)

I use Direct Checks which might have been Current Inc., the company I used many times before that. I last ordered checks in 2008 and it cost me just under $10 for 200. Previous reorders of 200 checks cost me about $8 or $9. I have never ordered them through the bank, as anything over $10 is pure profit for them.

I use Checks in the Mail and ordered one box at $14.95 recently. I should have "checked" out Walmart ($5.96 for one box!!!! D'oh!)

I have Old Timers accounts with two local banks. Both accounts feature free checks, but to get the free checks, I have to take the reorder slip to the bank.

This is not a problem for me because when I need cash, I cash a check at the bank. Also, I receive miscellaneous checks via USPS that I have to deposit.

My checking account is with a mutual bank and if I order safety paper they are free so guess what I pay?

I used to buy from the mail order companies and get the various designs and they were about half the cost of the bank's fee but I used to write 40-50 checks per month back then. Now it takes 2 or 3 years to use a box of checks!

Ask your bank if any checks like safety paper are free otherwise Walmart's price sounds like rock bottom.

What I love is the beautiful anachronistic feel I get when I look at the "time to reorder!" paper slip when I'll have 80 checks left. Yeah, at my current rate that's about 10 years worth of checks!

2Cor521

My checking account includes free checks, but it's been more than a year since I wrote a check. I think the bank is making out alright on that one.

My bank / checking choice has free check reordering for basic designs. It was a consideration in my bank choice. As others have suggested, there are other cheap alternatives. Perhaps it is not that big a deal.

Last 2 times I used the check printing at sams club.

Don't remember the cost, but it was less than half of the cost at "Megabank"...... I skipped the " expedited secure shipping " and used the standard shipping. Expected to wait 2 weeks - got them in about 4 business days. I think they sell at cost and make it up on "extra services like "expedited shipping" and labels, covers etc.

I also bought some of those pre inked rubber stamp thingees for endorsing checks and return address. pretty good price from them too.

What I love is the beautiful anachronistic feel I get when I look at the "time to reorder!" paper slip when I'll have 80 checks left. Yeah, at my current rate that's about 10 years worth of checks!

2Cor521

This kinda happened to me the last time I reordered checks in 2008. THe reorder slip was attached the top of the last book of (40) checks but because I knew it would be about 18 months until I use up those 40 checks, I just put the slip back in the box. But, 18 months later, I was down to one check and found I had no more books of checks, leaving me to reorder them quickly because I had two checks to write soon. [I had some alternatives such as debit card, credit card, credit card convenience checks, mutual fund checks, even a few of the original sample (no name or address) checks I got from the bank when I opened the account 20 years earlier, so I was not totally vulnerable.]

These days, 40 checks will last me more than 2 years and I have online banking as an extra alternative but I won't make the same mistake I made in 2008.

Harland Clarke AAA Check Printing
P.O. Box 351070
New Braunfels, TX 78135
1-800-238-6035.

Back
Top Bottom