Report from the Midwest

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Went to the grocery store today:

Apparently 11AM Friday is when the buses from the senior centers arrive. Being around (and assisting) people in their 80s makes me seem young

Good thing about warm weather: people wearing less clothing.

Bad thing about warm weather: people wearing less clothing.

Now that I'm retired and don't have to be around many people all day, being around some people sometimes doesn't bother me.

Apparently 11AM Friday is when the buses from the senior centers arrive. Being around (and assisting) people in their 80s makes me seem young...Now that I'm retired and don't have to be around many people all day, being around some people sometimes doesn't bother me.
I hit the local grocery of choice during the senior hour one morning last week. Like you, in retirement I find that this sort of thing doesn't bother me like it might when I was working. I even got a kick out of the couple in front of me in the express lane working to complete their transaction. It was more complicated than a leveraged buyout - some of it they wrote a check for (that took five minutes) and then the rest of it was in cash (which pocket did I put my money in?)

Back
Top Bottom