Retirement Day and Anniversaries

73ss454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It's 5 years today that I walked out of my office for the last time. I was working and living in NY at the time and DW was waiting for me down at our new home in Fla.. I left work at 12 noon and had someone drop me off at JFK Airport and was down in Florida by 4 PM. I did work PT selling boats for 1 1/2 years during the down turn in 2008 and 9. But it's unreal how fast time goes by.

This would be a good thread to hear from new retiries and folks on their anniversary dates.

Congratulations on your five-year retirement anniversary, 73ss454!! :dance:

I retired two years ago last November 9th, and it seems like only yesterday. I haven't regretted it for even a minute and I am still having a wonderful time.

I left work at 12 noon and had someone drop me off at JFK Airport and was down in Florida by 4 PM.

Now that's what I call burning bridges!
Congratulations, 7!

:dance:

My last day of work was just over 3 years ago, October 31, 2008. Halloween was all treats and no tricks that day! :)

I struggled to keep my composure on the train ride home and not break down in tears at least until I got off the train and walked home. Once inside my apartment, as I have mentioned here before, I thrust my arms into the air and shouted, "I'm Free!"

Happy anniversary! Feels good, doesn't it?

Great idea for a thread! I'm still working toward the Big Day, but it is encouraging and motivating to read what others have experienced and what lies ahead.
Gotta go... "Back to work wage slave!" :(

Congratulations on your five year anniversary. If I'm still around next May 1st, it will be 24 years for me. Where has the time gone?

Congratulations. I am coming up on 7 years at the end of the month. Time does fly.

My last day was on Jan 30, 2008 (a nice way to start the new year!). My original plan was to retire on Dec 31, 2011 but w*rk circumstances made it so leaving early was the best in my heart of hearts. Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing.

Does my 6 month pre-retirement anniversary count:D

Nevertheless, 73ss454, congrats on that milestone!

It's easy for me to remember my FIRE date, since it was precisely one month after 9/11/2001. That makes me a ten year FIREman, so I guess I get a sticker on my certificate, right?

End of the month will be 15 years. Didn't retire, just said I'd had all of the fun I could handle.

I'm a month away from celebrating the 6th year anniversary of my last day at w*rk. Closed on the house in the Megacity the following week and booked it to the ranch. As our grandson says, "this is more better!"

Thanks for the responses and well wishes. I just hope the next 5 years don't go as fast. (heh)

In two weeks it will be four years since I ESR'ed. It has been an incredible time so far. The long vacations in the summer of 30 - 40 plus days that I could never do before have been priceless! My part time consulting business is still about ten hours a week at most and is still fun.

At least once a week I think about the folks on this forum who pointed the way and provided what turned out to be excellent investment advice (psst Wellesley). Please know your contributions help others more than you ever expected.

It's 5 years today that I walked out of my office for the last time. I was working and living in NY at the time and DW was waiting for me down at our new home in Fla.. I left work at 12 noon and had someone drop me off at JFK Airport and was down in Florida by 4 PM. I did work PT selling boats for 1 1/2 years during the down turn in 2008 and 9. But it's unreal how fast time goes by.

This would be a good thread to hear from new retiries and folks on their anniversary dates.

Congrats!!!

I'm not there yet but, working on it. I'd sure like to see that 1973 SS as your avatar; beautiful ride.

Congratulations on your five-year retirement anniversary, 73ss454!! :dance:

I retired two years ago last November 9th, and it seems like only yesterday. I haven't regretted it for even a minute and I am still having a wonderful time.

I remember your countdown and the day you retired. If you would've asked me, I would've said it was about 8 months ago. Time really IS flying, and I'm still 3 1/2 years away from retirement.

Congratulations! :dance:

My 5 year anniversary happens on April 1, 2012. I still chuckle about picking April Fools' Day as my official date. :LOL:

I am happy with my volunteering gigs. I decide to go/not go each week, and show up when I want to. I do let them know ahead of time so they can find a replacement a few days before Friday night. I've only missed 2 nights out of 2 months plus.

I started my terminal leave in early February 2002... odd, I've forgotten the date. 11 Feb? Not sure.

But I was transferred to the Navy's retired rolls as of 2359 31 May 2002!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom