Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!
Planning is crucial and there are NO Guarantees! Failing to plan is almost always planing to fail.
1. Have no debt
2. Live on less than your income
3. Carry adequate insurance
4. Create income level that allows for expenses and some for pleasure
5. Maintain emergency reserves for lifes rainy days
6. Exercise a healthy lifestyle
7. Learn to enjoy simple and free pleasures
8. Paid off and simple mtc cost housing
Besides what Connie said,
- know what your annual expenses are, what's required and what's discretionary
- understand your investments so that you don't have to trust someone else to do the right thing for you.
This community was started in 2002 as an alternative to a then fee only Motley Fool. The focus of the discussions is on topics related to early retirement and financial independence. The community is moderated to ensure a pleasant experience for our members.