retiring early

rhmayo

Confused about dryer sheets
This is a great site and has been very informative.

What I searching for is links to leading a productive life after retiring. Presuming you are financially able to retire what options can one follow to lead a long term successful retirement, and how can one pepare for it.

Currently we are struggling to determine what we potentially can do after retirement. This is juxtaposed with a decision to move to another country where we know very few people.

Should anyone have a insight to this I would welcome your feedback. :eek:

To be successful in early retirement or even regular or late retirement, you need to have something you are interested in besides work (if you can call work an interest to begin with).

One of my first post here was as a guest about a year ago about "things to do before you die." http://early-retirement.org/cgi-bin...s_board;action=display;num=1075085843;start=0

If you can't figure out why you should RE, then maybe you shouldn't RE.

The paradox of ER - doing nothing is art form unto itself.

A little re-reading of something 'old timey' like Henry David Thoreau might free your soul from the brainwashing that you have to frantically run around and 'do' things.

You do have hobbies and interests :confused: - You get to spend more time with them.

You get to spend more time with your friends.

You get to take off to places you've never been, without a firm schedule. (Go fishing in New rivers :))

And as Unclemick says - The art of doing nothing - Sipping the Morning Coffee on your deck, listening to the birds - And no Plan to get up until lunch maybe.

If none of this sounds attractive, you can always be a Walmart greeter :D

thank you appreciate the links and the feedback. it certainly helps to clarify the decisons one makes and this forum has been very helpful. :)

Back
Top Bottom