RIP Merle Haggard

Great entertainer. I saw him a few times at local Fairs, he always gave a long and good performance.

Ha

Last edited:
My very first date with my wife of 36 years was a Merle Haggard concert in Baton Rouge in 1978. She wasn't much of a country music fan then, but I've converted her after all of these years.

RIP Merle. We'll miss you.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

http://youtu.be/A6c6eUeoa9Q

Above link to last year's "It's All Going to Pot" with Merle and Willie, who I'm sure is going to really miss Merle. Long way from Okie from Muscogie(?sp).

Every time I read these things I think of the those who base retirement plans on the highly unlikely possibility of their living to the age of 100.

Every time I read these things I think of the those who base retirement plans on the highly unlikely possibility of their living to the age of 100.

And what do you think of them?

Are you saying you don't base your plans on unlikely events? Does that mean you don't fasten your seat belt, as it is unlikely you will get in a crash on any single trip? I've only been in one serious crash, but the seat belt probably saved my life. I wear it every time I get in a car.

I don't think I've ever tripped a circuit breaker in this home, though our electricity is on 24/7 for over 20 years. I guess those circuit breakers are just a waste of resources!

And so on.

Planning for the possibility of an event is not the same as expecting that event to happen. What is your plan?

-ERD50

And what do you think of them?

Are you saying you don't base your plans on unlikely events? Does that mean you don't fasten your seat belt, as it is unlikely you will get in a crash on any single trip? I've only been in one serious crash, but the seat belt probably saved my life. I wear it every time I get in a car.

I don't think I've ever tripped a circuit breaker in this home, though our electricity is on 24/7 for over 20 years. I guess those circuit breakers are just a waste of resources!

And so on.

Planning for the possibility of an event is not the same as expecting that event to happen. What is your plan?

-ERD50

Really. Are you joking? And what the hell does that have do to do with Merle?

Last edited:
Really. Are you joking? And what the hell does that have do to do with Merle?

I dunno - ask Options, he brought it up!

But back to Merle, with a little tie in to how long someone might live:

"Merle Haggard ~ Love Somebody To Death ~"

-ERD50

Good question.......

What can I say, I get distracted easily! :)

But I did watch an hour or so of Merle youtube videos, before getting distracted by some Bonnie Raitt youtube videos!

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom