Risks of sleeping near smart meters?

Earthing

The solution is simple:

Be sure to walk around barefoot, preferably tromping through as many puddles as possible to ensure good ground contact.

Stepping on the occasional thistle, honeybee, glass shard, or sharp rock will also enhance the experience...

Stepping on the occasional thistle, honeybee, glass shard, or sharp rock will also enhance the experience...

You forgot the fireants,chiggers, scorpions and other God given benefits to nature.

I guess you could add up the benefits of availing yourself of the ground/bond system in your home by hanging on to the faucets in the house as you brush the teeth and wash [assuming you have metallic water piping]. When cooking, keep one hand on the metal surface of the stove during the operation.

To top up the effect, get a static strap from JC whitney or other and hold onto the metal part of the gear selector lever as you drive. Lots of ways to do this without freezing your tail off going barefoot or buying some bespoke voodoo device.

"Reconnection with the Earth's electrons has been found to promote intriguing physiological changes and subjective reports of well-being. Earthing (or grounding) refers to the discovery of benefits—including better sleep and reduced pain—from walking barefoot outside or sitting, working, or sleeping indoors connected to conductive systems that transfer the Earth's electrons from the ground into the body. This paper reviews the earthing research and the potential of earthing as a simple and easily accessed global modality of significant clinical importance."

Couldn't one just sleep in a hole in the ground for maximum effect?

Couldn't one just sleep in a hole in the ground for maximum effect?

Actually, some Native American Indians used this technique for healing.

(Could I be a better straight man?)

Hopefully, some of you wise guys will actually read the material, or maybe give it a try?

I guess you could add up the benefits of availing yourself of the ground/bond system in your home by hanging on to the faucets in the house as you brush the teeth and wash [assuming you have metallic water piping]. ...

The grounding system on most homes would work, just make sure you know what you are doing when you mess with the outlet. As you point out, water systems are more hit and miss since many homes no longer use copper pipes.

The only thing that would bring this topic any lower would be the usual New Age claims for using quantum crystals to connect yourself to earth. Of course they are "tuned" to the correct vibrational frequency for your individual body, so you can be assured they will work properly.

Call now; operators are standing by.
:hide:

The only thing that would bring this topic any lower would be the usual New Age claims for using quantum crystals to connect yourself to earth. Of course they are "tuned" to the correct vibrational frequency for your individual body, so you can be assured they will work properly.

Call now; operators are standing by.
:hide:

Holy Cow! you just inspired me to think of a crystal hat!! It could be sold by infomercial. And have a grounding wire.

... Hopefully, some of you wise guys will actually read the material, or maybe give it a try?

You're welcome to it. I will spend my time in more productive ways. There are far bigger fish to fry.

-ERD50

1. Drive an electrically conductive stake in the ground (probably 6-8" is adequate).
2. Attach a long wire to the stake and the other end to one of the electrodes on your digital volt meter.
3. Turn on the meter and measure AC volts.
4. Hold the other electrode of the volt meter in your hand
5. Walk around. When you get close to power lines, whether overhead or in the walls of your house the voltage will rise.

The long wire acts as the secondary winding of a transformer. Your body with it's insulating footware acts as a capacitive load. The meter is measuring the voltage induced in the long wire by the sum of the various fluctuating magnetic fields it crosses. The 60 Hertz power distribution systems produce much of this from mildly unbalanced loads and less-than-perfect wiring design.

You will probably see 10-20 millivolts per meter pretty much anywhere in the world from 'noise' in the background terrestrial magnetic field (the thing that makes a compass point North). Lightning strikes at a distance of one mile can induce 35 volts per meter. Electric shavers produce a field good for 30-50 volts per meter at your skin. An electric blanket can produce a 50 to 250 volt per meter field.

The grounding system on most homes would work, just make sure you know what you are doing when you mess with the outlet. As you point out, water systems are more hit and miss since many homes no longer use copper pipes.
Be sure to close windows during an electrical storm. I'd be little careful walking around barefoot when he storm clouds are building too. Oh, lets not forget hookworm. Hookworm cost the US South a lot of IQ over the years, secondary to severe anemia. There was a reason your great-grandma made her kids wear shoes, even if buying them really stressed the family budget.

Ha

I guess we've gone British in this thread with "earth".

"Earth it, Walter, you need to Earth it!"

People on chain gangs must have been feeling healthy and serene, what with the chains dragging on the ground, keeping them well earthed at all times ;)

May have been overheard not that many years ago...
"A well-earthed Texas Highway cleanup crew (chain gang) is a HAPPY cleanup crew!"

The studies are straight forward and easily replicated.

FWIW pharmaceutical companies fund the research which allows their products to be used on *you*. Do you take prescription drugs? Do you feel lucky?

Back
Top Bottom