Robin Williams has died

Meadbh

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
......apparently by suicide due to severe depression. What a loss! He brought so much laughter to so many people. How sad that he was hurting badly inside.

Bummer. One of my favorite comedians. I thought he was very funny, and he always made me laugh.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

What a shock. I really liked him and enjoyed so many of the shows he was in. :( May he RIP.

RIP - he brought the world many a laugh.

I hope his family is able to weather this as best they can, especially his daughter.

Very sad...

This is so sad. He was a great actor. I hope he'll be remembered for what he did and not how he passed. Depression is such a horrible disease.

I am in shock. He was one of the best.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Very, very sad. He was a bright and shining light. May he rest in peace.

I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

RIP Mr. Williams...thanks for all the laughs.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

It is so sad... I always thought that he was a bit manic and needed help... and you would think someone like him could get it... but, I guess the demons are stronger than we can ever know...

Rest in Peace..

It is so sad... I always thought that he was a bit manic and needed help... and you would think someone like him could get it... but, I guess the demons are stronger than we can ever know...

Yes. I don't think it was a case of he couldn't or didn't get help. The Help simply didn't help

I was stunned to hear the news. At first, all I heard on the car radio was that he died. It wasn't until a few hours later I learned he had killed himself, making a sad piece of news even worse.

It was always fun to see him interviewed on a talk show because he would simply take over the interview and break everyone up. My favorite was when he was interviewed by James Lipton on his "Inside the Actor's Studio" show. There was some poor woman near the front who was hysterical the whole time and Williams quickly picked up on it and milked it for all it was worth. I thought the woman was either going to have a heart attack or wet her pants.

He was an amazing talent who will be missed a lot and who died way too soon.

RIP Robin Williams :(

Yes. I don't think it was a case of he couldn't or didn't get help. The Help simply didn't help

I think it was more that he had been looking for help, checking back in rehab not long ago. We'll probably never know exactly why he decided to take his own life.

Perhaps he was on some antidepressants but suddenly stopped. That could lead to suicidal thoughts.

Depression can really make one not think straight.

It's just sad.

"With depression, people just forget," said Cerel also an associate professor at the University of Kentucky. "They get so consumed by the depression and by the feelings of not being worthy that they forget all the wonderful things in their lives."

They feel like a burden on their family and that the world would be better off without them.

"Having depression and being in a suicidal state twists reality. It doesn't matter if someone has a wife or is well loved," Cerel said.

Suicide a risk even for beloved characters like Williams

Depression is a horrible illness. You generally think you are thinking straight and that things really are as bad as you feel they are. Its like walking inside a cloud and every bad thought just bounces around back to you, stronger than it was when you first thought it. Thankfully medication works for me and lifts that awful cloud so I can see the sunshine around me.

My heart breaks for what Robin Williams must have been feeling, and it breaks for his family who have been left behind to wonder what more they could have done. And it breaks for all of us, who have lost a genius and a person who has created memories and laughter for each of us.

My heart breaks for what Robin Williams must have been feeling, and it breaks for his family who have been left behind to wonder what more they could have done. And it breaks for all of us, who have lost a genius and a person who has created memories and laughter for each of us.

+1

I grew up in SF and recall the many times I saw RW at the "Holy City Zoo" comedy club. This was before Hollywood snagged him. You just knew you were watching something special. His work with charities knew no bounds (USO, Cancer Research, Education, Homeless, AIDS). A giver 'fanatic". Another chapter of life permanently closed for me. RIP

Back
Top Bottom