Join Early Retirement Today

Roger Ebert RIP
Old 04-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
Administrator

Roger Ebert RIP

Some memorable lines of his

“I’ve seen audits that were more thrilling.” -- referring to “Crocodile Dundee II.”

"I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

To say that George Lucas cannot write a love scene is an understatement; greeting cards have expressed more passion

“[Nicholas] Sparks recently went on record as saying he is a greater novelist than Cormac McCarthy. This is true in the same sense that I am a better novelist than William Shakespeare. Sparks also said his novels are like Greek Tragedies. This may actually be true. I can't check it out because, tragically, no really bad Greek tragedies have survived.”

"No matter what they're charging to get in, it's worth more to get out."

Battlefield Earth is like taking a bus trip with someone who has needed a bath for a long time. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way."
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

For the most parts, I agree with his reviews. Any movie he wrote a good review on turned out to be quite an enjoyable one. I was just shocked how swift his death was. He just announced that his cancer had come back 2 days ago and he will be taking a leave of presence to undergo radiation treatment.
bondi688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I liked Siskel and Ebert. Unfortunately both of them were unhealthy and died relatively young.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
"No matter what they're charging to get in, it's worth more to get out."

I liked Roger Ebert quite a bit. I'm sorry to hear he's passed away.
ER Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I hope whatever your belief in the afterlife is that he gets "two thumbs up".
Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I used to just paste his 10 best list into my Netflix queue and was rarely disappointed. RIP.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote