Join Early Retirement Today

Rolling Stones 2015
Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Rolling Stones 2015

Anybody trying to get tickets for the Stones 2015 tour? We've never had the opportunity to see them live, going to give it a shot.

The attached gives the dates and locations:

New tour! ZIP CODE – 15 City North American Stadium tour | The Rolling Stones
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

I saw them a few years ago in Philly when they did their Forty Licks tour and they still had "it." Keith Richards looked pickled, but it was a great show.
Dash man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Anybody trying to get tickets for the Stones 2015 tour? We've never had the opportunity to see them live, going to give it a shot.

The attached gives the dates and locations:

New tour! ZIP CODE – 15 City North American Stadium tour | The Rolling Stones
Nope, but glad I saw them in '75...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Nope. I swore off large venues years ago. If an act isn't playing some small club I'll have to give them a miss. If a large draw deigns to play a small place (the Stones have done this several times) they're likely to sell out in a matter of seconds and I don't need the hassle of trying to get tickets.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I am with Grace Slick on this issue: "I don't like old people on a rock an roll stage. Me included."

They will be at Bobby Dodd Stadium on historic Grant Field in Atlanta not far from me but I will not be taking the show in.....
Old 04-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Have no plans to see them. Last saw them in 2005 in Soldier Field. Great show! Ticket prices now are obscene. They'll probably have a blu ray of one their 2015 concerts and will watch from my comfortable lazy boy. Much more interested in picking up their upcoming re-issued Sticky Fingers cd.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #7

Saw them close for Living Color on the Steel Wheels tour. :-)

Huge venue and septuagenarian rockers in mid June heat; not going to be there this time. (Although it looks like the ticket prices will be much more doable than the Deadfest in Chicago)

Will make Nashville very interesting that week. They are scheduled just three days after the CMA festival closes out, and Bonnaroo traffic will still be flowing out as well.... Maybe time to head for the mountains!
Old 04-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilkoot View Post
Nope. I swore off large venues years ago. If an act isn't playing some small club I'll have to give them a miss. If a large draw deigns to play a small place (the Stones have done this several times) they're likely to sell out in a matter of seconds and I don't need the hassle of trying to get tickets.
The secondary market (e.g., stubhub) is our friend here. Painful, but ....
Old 04-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I've never wanted to see them, but I hope their fans that go see a great show!

Aside: I've been checking out an interesting free app called bandsintown - helps to learn some of what's happening with current tours as well as things in your area.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #10

Not interested in seeing the Stones, but we are going to see Mark Knopfler's show later this fall, when he is touring through the USA, including the Midwest. Cant' wait!
RAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Rolling Stones 2015
Old 04-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Rolling Stones 2015

Oooh, I'd love to see Mark Knopfler!

We took my mom to Raleigh to see the stones a long time ago. Good show, but count me in for the big stadium haters group. Beck is coming to our local coliseum and I couldn't even get up the gumption to buy tix before they sold out. I'd love to see him, but just hate the crowds.
Ditto Bonnaroo.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:45 PM   #12

Never seen them, but we're going to try to get tickets to the San Diego show at Petco Park. It seems likely to be our last opportunity.
cathy63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

It would be great to see them again, but I don't see a Chicago date. So I won't be seeing them this tour. Maybe next time.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:12 AM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

Saw them in a stadium setting sometime in the last 7 years. NEVER again. Sound quality was horrendous and it was like watching a bunch of ants run around on the "stage" setup (and this was supposed to be state of the art setup - nope).

If you just want to see them for the experience, and the tickets aren't too dear, then go for it, but keep your expectations low for the music/view and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

(although the concert wasn't great in terms of the acoustics, it was cool to see the Stones, and we sat next to a VERY drunk old lady that kept yelling "start me up!" all through the beginning - and then offered to get us -perfect strangers - drinks on one of her many beer stagger/runs. An there was the idiots that brought their 6-ish year old kids to the concert and then were forced to cover their eyes form most of the show due to the giant screens depicting some risque sexy stuff during the music... like the cartoon naked lady riding a giant tongue. Bet THAT was fun to try to explain later that night. So we have a few funny stories.)
Old 04-04-2015, 01:36 AM   #15

I saw them in 1994 for the Voodoo Lounge tour at the Pasadena Rose Bowl, then again in Oakland just 2 years ago. The show in 2013 was fantastic - we went at the last minute on the day of the show, bought our tickets at the box office, and got much better seats for the money than we would have if we'd bought them online in advance.

They're not coming to Northern California this time around, so we won't be seeing them. The 2013 show was so worth it. I'm really glad we saw them while we had the chance.

Incidentally, while we're on the subject -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg keith-richards.jpg (52.2 KB, 14 views)

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:18 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

I've seen them three times. The last time was in 1997 or 98. Mick still was amazing, the rest less so. Still even Mick just wasn't as good as he was I when I saw him earlier I decided that was probably the last time I'd go see them. Keith and Mick are 72, Charlie Watts is 73, Keith especially has partied hard.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Keith and Mick are 72, Charlie Watts is 73, Keith especially has partied hard.
Saying Keith has partied hard is like saying Germany had some minor scuffles a few years back.
Still might be fun to see him play with Mick Taylor again though.
stepford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Saw them on the last tour and enjoyed the show. I won't bother chasing down tickets (if they are even coming here) but if friends invite us as happened last time I will go. DC's relaxed MJ environment will probably add a touch of mellow to such events. I saw the Moody Blues a few years ago in a moderately sized hall and loved the show but what an ancient audience. Made me feel my age.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepford View Post
Saying Keith has partied hard is like saying Germany had some minor scuffles a few years back.
Still might be fun to see him play with Mick Taylor again though.
Kieth's looked the same since the late '60s. I recall a Time(iirc) magazine with him on the cover saying he would be dead soon from heroin. He looks the same today as I recall that picture.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #20
Dryer sheet wannabe

Saw the Stones on their 2013 tour and they were in fine form. Probably worth it though I'm not a fan of stadium shows.
liveanon is offline   Reply With Quote