Join Early Retirement Today

S&P 500 reached 2500
Old 09-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

S&P 500 reached 2500

If anyone remember an old post of mine I had told my wife's dead broke uncle when the sp500 reaches 2500 Ill give him my car. Well I made the call Saturday evening.

Around Christmas 2014 the SP500 was at about 2000, I asked whoever was in charge of the tv remote at my mother in laws house can they put on the stock channel so I can see what was up. One to never pass up a potential opportunity, my wifes uncle said "so you in the market"? I told him yeah "all that money I stole when i was working, I buried it in the market." He loved that response. Larceny to him is an honorable occupation.. Anyway he threw around the S&P 500 term like he was a hedge fund manager. I told him you got it, im in that (im in the sp600/russell2000, mostly), but I didnt want to complicate matters. A few hours later he while we were playing penny poker(or was it pinochle ), he has many questions about this stock business I was in. I told him "when the SP500 goes to 2500 , Ill give you my car. He was and still is driving a 20 something year old, waiting to break down bomb.

Well fast forward 3 years later 2500 is here, I promised, & I made the call. Told him "do you remember...." He responded "I knew you would be calling..." I told him when ever he wants to make the trip over, the car, and title is all his. The bride said so what now? I said, BCG is getting either a fire engine red caddy or we going down to 1 car. I did less than 300 miles in my car so far this year.

Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate. I can live like a King for a year, or a Prince for the rest of my life. I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

When it goes back below 2500 does he have to give it back?

Seriously, that's a really nice thing for you to do.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Whoaaaa!

Not to be confused with something similar.
Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone View Post
Whoaaaa!

Not to be confused with something similar.
Yer that is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the title of the thread!!!
euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
When it goes back below 2500 does he have to give it back?
Old 09-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #6

I'm thinking one car, one bike.

rayinpenn is offline   Reply With Quote