Sad Situation

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
MIL is in the hospital recovering from major surgery and has stage four cancer and if she does recover will most likely not live very long. Her two sons both in their 50s are more concerned about getting their inheritance and could care less about her care. In fact are already asking for money to pay bills. Unfortunately throughout life she has given to them unselfishly only to be met with two selfish and self centered sons.

I have told my wife we need to make her final days as comfortable as possible and if she die penniless, all the better.

The whole situation just turns my stomach.

Sorry for the rant but this really bothers me. Two adult males still living off of their mother without regard to her well being, just goes beyond my comprehension.

I’m so sorry to hear about your sad news. The old saying is true, that you can’t pick your relatives.

It’s so very kind of you to help your wife make her last days comfortable, I just hope that someday the sons will regret their actions.

Praying she will make a remarkable recovery, just to thwart those two aging brats, so she can take your DW on a very expensive trip around the world.

Hang in there--you are doing the right thing and the sons may one day regret their behavior, but at least you and your DW are above it.

Praying she will make a remarkable recovery, just to thwart those two aging brats, so she can take your DW on a very expensive trip around the world.

Hang in there--you are doing the right thing and the sons may one day regret their behavior, but at least you and your DW are above it.
Ahhhhh...perfect post. As always. :)

My thoughts are with you frayne.

My prayer are with her and hope she stays with us longer.

It's unfortunate and it bothers me also as I see this too often. I wish I could knock some sense into some of these kids/adults. I get the sense that they feel it's not only owed to them, they want more and don't even say thanks.

Yup I know how you feel and as my wife says........let it go.....since it's not up to me to straighten other peoples kids.

It is sad, but it's a good thing that she has you and your wife to look after her comfort and care. She's lucky to have you. Be proud of what you're doing and try not to concern yourself with them too much.

Sorry to hear about your MIL.

I think it was the Millionaire Next Door that opened my eyes to the cause/effect that frequently happens with money expectations in children (regardless of age). I have seen similar circumstances to what you are describing in my own family and I have to partly blame my now deceased Grandmother for helping to create such a dependency in her children.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Be there the best you can for her and your DW.

Sad about MIL's vulture-like sons.

Rant all you need too! I can't imagine how frustrating and disturbing the situation must be. Glad you and your wife are a team to do what you can for your MIL. Too late now to expect anything different from your deadbeat BILs - yech!

Audrey

I am sorry to hear that you have the problems with the BIL. You should just focus on your MIL now and make her as comfortable as possible. I did that with my mother who passed away earlier this year. I was fortunate to not have any conflicts in the family.

Very sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she will get better. Please don't get too frustrated with your BILs, and may they will have some deep self reflections sooner or later. Best wishes to your family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL, Frayne. I am certain that you and your wife are a comfort to her now. It is small consolation, but the situation with your BILs happens all too frequently. Issues involving family money and inheritance seem to bring out the worst in many, many people.

I am sorry to hear about your MIL, but I am so glad that she has her DD and you.

I'm sorry to hear of that situation. It is difficult enough to deal with without greed rearing it's ugly head.

Keep doing what you're doing. When the dust settles you will still have your integrity. And in the long run that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom