Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

This sort of thing is the reason I have started looking at "alternative media" for my information about the world.

Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
This sort of thing is the reason I have started looking at "alternative media" for my information about the world.
Come on... give. Where's the list?

Are they like Rocketboom?

RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

I too am furious with the game players. The India government should send a reprimand to the US. Their head of state was put in danger. There should be serious jail time and if they send them out to Prince George's county thats ok with me.
washingtonpost.com

On the same day there was an incident in DC where a guy threw a couple of firebombs out of his van to get attention. Then waved a few banners for justice and his $200mil that the government owes him. Where is the long distance taser when you need it. Like Tractor man he will probably only get a minor sentence while it just makes for a learning tool for the next level of terror strikes.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Whatever they thought they would accomplish, personally, I think they harmed themselves more than helped. Did they actually think people would think they were "oh! so clever" doing this?
Regardless, now they want a $500,000 deal from a network to have "their story." These people are beyond having crust:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091129/...invited_guests
Old 11-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

I'd never heard of a Salahi before - or a Heene for that matter, now their names are hammered into my brain. Maybe that proves there's no such thing as bad press.

OTOH, I've also only heard of one Hitler, who also had pretty bad press.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

No way. I bet you will forget them next week, when another idiot pulls the next stunt. Too many of them to remember...
Old 11-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
No way. I bet you will forget them next week, when another idiot pulls the next stunt. Too many of them to remember...
What was the name of that guy in IIRC Colorado who told everyone he shoved his son (daughter?) into a box attached to a kite (balloon?) and sent it adrift?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #28

The idiot from Colorado is the name I remember.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
The idiot from Colorado is the name I remember.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #30

Did they break any laws? And can they be charged with anything?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

They refused an interview on "Larry King Live". You don't want to turn down "The Larry"..he's great.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
They refused an interview on "Larry King Live". You don't want to turn down "The Larry"..he's great.
I doubt Tiger Woods wants to talk to "The Larry" at this point either........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I doubt Tiger Woods wants to talk to "The Larry" at this point either........
I wouldn't worry about Tiger. I think he and his wife will iron out their differences . . .
Old 11-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
I wouldn't worry about Tiger. I think he and his wife will iron out their differences . . .
I think there's more to the story than we know now..there always is. I am a big Tiger fan (even met him once), so I hope things move on and he's back winning majors..........

Old 11-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
I sure hope this incident wood not drive a wedge between them.

(I know, I know, too easy )
Old 11-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I think there's more to the story than we know now..there always is. I am a big Tiger fan (even met him once), so I hope things move on and he's back winning majors..........

There's a new story right now that he dropped out of his own tournament, citing injuries from the accident as the reason.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

I understand there is a conspiracy at work between Tiger Woods and Salahi/Heene. Obama is aware of this and is trying to cover for Tiger, his favorite golfer and kindred spirit. Tomorrow's announcement ref the war in Afghanistan is also tied in to all of this as well as the questionable tenure of of several staff members. This very well could be the beginning of what we've all been waiting for. Hopefully there will be no interruptions to Monday Night Football this evening!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #38
Give me a forum ...

So the more things change the more they stay the same:

Crashing F.D.R.’s Party

Quote:
FOR those of us with long memories, crashing a White House party, as a Virginia couple did when they sneaked into a state dinner last week, is nothing new. Consider something that happened nearly 71 years ago, on New Year’s Eve.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
There's a new story right now that he dropped out of his own tournament, citing injuries from the accident as the reason.

Shoulda cited "injuires sustained from my pissed off wife hitting me with a 9-iron"..........