Sam Shepard dead at 73

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
:-(

I didn't know he had ALS...

His writing skills alone would have made him an American Hero. But as an Actor and a Director....his legend grew. A Pulitzer Prize, an Oscar Nomination and several Emmy Noms to his credit. I learned today he was a drummer in the old Psychedelic Band, The Holy Modal Rounders (remember them ?)

I first took note of Sam's writing on a PBS American Playhouse version of "True West" in the early 80's. Starred a young John Malkovich and even younger Gary Sinese. Parts of that Play had me roaring with laughter, and parts of it were downright scary with the malevolent Malkovich.

RIP Sam. Bring your good stuff to the Pearly Gates, Saint Peter should wave you right on through.

I became aware of him in THE RIGHT STUFF where he played one of my heroes, Chuck Yeager. I'm no expert on acting but Shepherd always convinced me. YMMV RIP indeed.

I became aware of him in THE RIGHT STUFF where he played one of my heroes, Chuck Yeager. I'm no expert on acting but Shepherd always convinced me. YMMV RIP indeed.

Oh that Sam Shepherd. I was thinking of another one, who spent some time in prison.

Back
Top Bottom