Say something positive

Although my garage door opener broke, I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow and can wait for the repairperson. Loving retirement every day.

6 months since the last post...anybody still in a good mood? :D

In spite of the all-too-soon approaching cold months and constant rain/cloudiness lately, I am feeling very good today. I just got past my annual "tough period", the first 3 weeks of October in which both my husband and Mom passed (not the same year). I am feeling less pain as the years go by and finally feel like I have reached a reasonable degree of reconciliation. The flashbacks have all but disappeared.

This is a positive thing. :flowers:

Last edited:
As far as I can tell (and I admit not checking beyond my usual traveling areas), the world did not actually end on October 21.

I'm alive and well enough to dance for the first time today! :dance::dance::dance:
Well then, go out and dance and enjoy yourself.

Your name, the post and the smilies brought to mind a rock group and song I really enjoyed with my children when they were very young

Simple Minds - Alive And Kicking - YouTube

What you gonna do when things go wrong?
What you gonna do when it all cracks up?
What you gonna do when the Love burns down?
What you gonna do when the flames go up?
Who is gonna come and turn the tide?
What's it gonna take to make a dream survive?
Who's got the touch to calm the storm inside?
Who's gonna save you?
Alive and Kicking

I just found out today that I can retire one day, collect my pension and be rehired the next with full benefits. My pension is roughgly 60% of my current salary. If I do the math right and decide to work 3 days a week, my salary will therefore be: 60% (pension) + 60% (part-time) = 120% of current salary. I love being a baby boomer :D

Today was another wonderful (retired) Monday. Somehow Mondays never seemed this good when I was working. :LOL:

After a good and satisfying night's sleep, we went to the gym and both felt our workouts went really well and I am excited about the Concept2. The weather here is absolutely idyllic and the best of the year. My daughter, friends, and other relatives are all doing wonderfully. My budget is on track. I have a new library book on my Kindle waiting for me.

What more could a person want? :D

Lets see, the Rangers tied up the world series last night. That's positive. :)

The negative is that I razzed a friend about it, and have this sick feeling that when the Cards take the series I'm gonna be sorry I did. :blush:

I'm alive and well enough to dance for the first time today! :dance::dance::dance:
Ok...you knew it was comin'......:D

smiley-dance007.gif
and...

smiley-dance011.gif
smiley-dance014.gif
. . ..
smiley-dance015.gif

Last edited:
Lets see, the Rangers tied up the world series last night. That's positive. :)

The negative is that I razzed a friend about it, and have this sick feeling that when the Cards take the series I'm gonna be sorry I did. :blush:
You need to be careful about razzin'...especially when it comes to the World Series....>:D

Being a die-hard Cards fan, I wear my Card's baseball cap when the game is on. Of course I wear my Rangers tee as well.

Oh...and about being positive....I try to put a little sugar on my razz. :angel:

Entered some quilts into a show and won two blue ribbons and one second place. I was thrilled as the competition was stiff.

and it was a beautiful sunny day here.

You need to be careful about razzin'...especially when it comes to the World Series....>:D

Being a die-hard Cards fan, I wear my Card's baseball cap when the game is on. Of course I wear my Rangers tee as well.

Oh...and about being positive....I try to put a little sugar on my razz. :angel:
The Yankees fans and the very few Red Sox fans who dare come out of the woodw*rk have been quiet for weeks. :LOL:

I'm rooting :clap::clap: for both teams to get the correct scores so we can win $100 on a baseball pool. Total investment was $7 for 1 box with different numbers for each game, and any potential winnings to be shared equally between Mr B and I. Each of us put in a $3.50 stake. :D

Entered some quilts into a show and won two blue ribbons and one second place. I was thrilled as the competition was stiff.

and it was a beautiful sunny day here.
Congratulations. Any chance for a picture?

Oneida offered to replace 12 of my dinner knives for free if I return them for review. The knives are getting rust spots on the blades and they look terrible. I can't remember when I bought them (maybe 7 years ago) and I don't have my receipt but they didn't care. Cost me $8.50 to send them back via FedEx Ground (USAA account give 25% discount) which was cheaper than $9 for Parcel Post. A big savings versus purchasing new flatware! :dance:

No razzing tonight. Rangers were lucky to win that one. I was ready to ask for 2 scoops of sugar for most of the game. :dead:

Didn't gain any weight eventhough I spent 1 week visiting mum and siblings in home country (Malaysia). We ate a lot and I had no exercise. So, when I weighed myself after I got home, I was happy to note no gain in weight. That's something positive.

The Cub Scout den meeting where the boys assembled a box from a kit that I designed and manufactured was a rousing success. Imagine eight 8 yr olds with hammer, nails, screws and screw drivers working intently with their moms and dads. Great times!

Back
Top Bottom